I do. Snuck in there with lights out, that's why stuff is drooping a little. Link is to a grow I screwed up and transplanted stuff to 16 oz bottles grown under your light and finishing up in a couple weeks. View attachment 1035038 View attachment 1035039 View attachment 1035040 View attachment 1035041 View attachment 1035042https://www.autoflower.org/threads/limburger-dragon.69099/[/ATTACH]
Mars reflector 144, We are out of stock of this light in America, very popular

If you think the power supply is hot, I suggest you lengthen the power cord and put the power supply outside the tent

And how would I do that?

I mentioned how hot it was when it arrived and was told it was perfectly safe and now it seems you are having to make changes , so is it an issue being hot , will it decrease the life cycle of the power unit?, do the engineering dept still believe it is safe in its current configuration?

And how would I do that?

I mentioned how hot it was when it arrived and was told it was perfectly safe and now it seems you are having to make changes , so is it an issue being hot , will it decrease the life cycle of the power unit?, do the engineering dept still believe it is safe in its current configuration?
They sell spacers at hardware store, seems they are going with a 10mm spacer. I would just go and get some and longer screws. I know I'm not tina but if they are wanting to change design its for a reason. I would say its still safe but the heat is building up underneath power supply. My guess is when left on without a break it will burn lights faster in that section.

And how would I do that?

Our power supply is meanwell, and all accessories are certified for safety, so there is no danger to the lights. We improve now because we want to do better, not because there is a problem now. As long as your tent is well ventilated, there will be no problem

And how would I do that?

And this is why there is fires that happen!!! Not enough testing just throw the lights out there to us and let em burn then do refits . I own my house and just seen where someone's shit burned up. We have the UL labs,for a reason boys . remember u all trusting shit when u sleep for 8 hours!! If its hot its not safe brother

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Our power supply is meanwell, and all accessories are certified for safety, so there is no danger to the lights. We improve now because we want to do better, not because there is a problem now. As long as your tent is well ventilated, there will be no problem
Hi! Define "well ventilated" .

Hi! Define "well ventilated" .
Your extraction fan should create negative pressure

4x4x7 tent
112 Cubic Ft

You want to change air in the tent completely every 3 min
112/3 = 37.3

so using LED you want to add about 7% to account for heat (HPS 20%)

37.3 X 1.07 =39.911 CFM required to exchange the air in a 4x4 tent
Now add on a carbon filter add an additional 20%

39.911 X 1.39911 = 45.49

45.49 CFM required to exchange heat and air in a 4x4 tent

so from what I have seen most if not all inline fans are overkill unless you use a fan speed controller

so ..............

Only way I see any heat issues is if you have no inline extraction fan

Your extraction fan should create negative pressure

4x4x7 tent
112 Cubic Ft

You want to change air in the tent completely every 3 min
112/3 = 37.3

so using LED you want to add about 7% to account for heat (HPS 20%)

37.3 X 1.07 =39.911 CFM required to exchange the air on a 4x4 tent
Now add on a carbon filter add an additional 20%

39.911 X 1.39911 = 45.49

45.49 CFM required to exchange heat and air in a 4x4 tent

so from what I have seen most if not all inline fans are overkill unless you use a fan speed controller

so ..............

Only way I see any heat issues is if you have no inline extraction fan
Hi and thanks. I was more curious what Mars hydro considers appropriate since that could yield for some accountability/liability in case of an incident. But thanks. My tent is negatively pressurized!!

Hi and thanks. I was more curious what Mars hydro considers appropriate since that could yield for some accountability/liability in case of an incident. But thanks. My tent is negatively pressurized!!
heat from LED can get pretty hot I built a few 480w quantum boards and they will surprise you the amount of heat they can handle but one of those infrared thermometers are very handy as you should be able to get a decent reading for your own piece of mind and im sure you can get specs of the driver and find out the proper operating temp of said driver and compare and if in fact yours is running way hot even with proper extraction then you have a leg to stand on cause without actual data its just an opinion

Back