I just didn't know where he was going with it. Lol but know now. At first i thought he was another light co. Because of bashing light right off. Btw if i have a problem with something bought new i take pics and return. Then he says he saw bad connections in a pic with no proof.
This is where it really turned though...
I would like to review Mars hydro. I see a lot of reviews from people that don't know what they are talking about. To do an honest review of a product you need to understand how it's made. Not all products will show physical damage to the end user. Things like ESD can not be seen. only the end user will know by a failing product at some point in the future with no understanding why. To whom the review is for ? Anyone that would like a review of a product by someone that is knowledgeable in electronics manufacturing. I see a lot of end user reviews that can only comment on how the light operates at the time. But there is more to discuss if you want a good review if it is a quality product or not. To know that , you need to know how it's made. Looking inside a product will tell you a lot, but really unless you understand and have been educated specifically to know what to look for, you doing a poor review. Like I mentioned before, I have built products for Nasa,military and Every major IPS globally.
:shrug:

Not trying to get a light for free at all. I do own a mars 100w Cob. Never asked for a light, The only thing I have asked for is what standards they follow. And I'm sorry but growing a Cannabis plant doesn't really make you qualified to comment on the build quality of a product.

Last edited:
Not trying to get a light for free at all. I do own a mars 100w Cob. Never asked for a light, The only thing I have asked for is what standards they follow.
They have a website . u going about asking shit the wrong way. We here to help each other. Every electronic thing made has an issue here and there , u want it fixed or have a problem private message them they will help u.

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

How would you like me to ask strait forward questions ? They aren't really hard ones. but they have been dodged successfully and parroted back every time I ask them. These questions make a company look good not bad. But, If they have not implemented any standard manufacturing procedures to make a quality product, well that is their bad. Have they done this ? I really don't know I haven't got a strait answer.

How would you like me to ask strait forward questions ? They aren't really hard ones. but they have been dodged successfully and parroted back every time I ask them. These questions make a company look good not bad. But, If they have not implemented any standard manufacturing procedures to make a quality product, well that is their bad. Have they done this ? I really don't know I haven't got a strait answer.
This is a general mars hydro section. Try asking Tina in a PM?

Sent from my comfy chair. [emoji3][emoji41][emoji848][emoji12]

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: = That'll be enough of this, everybody.... nothing constructive or helpful is coming of this technical pissing contest and finger-wagging anymore, so time to drop it and move on, or take it up in PM's..... Mesa', buy the light, don't buy the light, whatever.....We get that you're looking out for your potential investment, but grinding out on a company rep' who (probably) isn't an engineer ain't how it's done here. You want to do a review, great, but you first have to travel down the more relevant grow-road testing it's performance and reliability first,... that's the bottom line for the overwhelming majority of AFN members looking into lights, not the hypertechnical minutia you're driving at,... Mars doesn't claim to be the very best there is, and if you want to spend $1500+ on a modest coverage area light with the "assurance" of it's absolute top end quality down to the the purity of the solder used, then happy hunting- :thumbsup: .... From what we've seen here with Mars over the years, they are trying to cruise somewhere in the middle road between highest quality and affordable pricing, the largest section of the market frankly.... having done your homework, you know this already presumably.... and you know what that means for any given manufacturer.....:smoker1:

This will be my last post on the matter, as it seems there is little interest.

I think there is maybe some confusion as to my intent, and maybe I have not come across with sincerity. When reviews are done on a product , any product for that mater such as a car, someone needs to write about it's performance, such as daggersstrain previous pic review of what he has accomplished with the product. But like performance reviews of a car, I believe the reviewer needs to rely on other sources as to the build quality of the manufacturing of that car if they are not well versed in car manufacturing. I have not made any comments or asked any questions about it's performance , I will leave that to those more qualified.

One of the questions I asked is what steps they take towards ESD control. Why is this important ? Because ESD (Electro static Discharge) is the [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] cause for electronic end user failures in ANY electronic manufacturing company. It could be answered by telling me about how they deal with it. Do they use wrist straps, ESD mats, flooring, environmental controls, smocks, shoe straps, or all of the above. It's not a loaded question or very technical for that matter. I was trying to avoid directly asking specifically about each control because I wanted an honest answer, not one saying what I want to hear. The same goes for every other question I have asked. They are all big factors of a quality product. They are not asked out of malice or to acquire another light, but as a genuine attempt to evaluate their products. I do not need to have a light shipped to me for any of this.

If I let the question die after the first attempt to get an answer, what kind of evaluation can I make about the company that I'm trying to do a review of. I was trying to lead Tina to talk about their companies practices to write a positive review. I did not believe the questions were out of line for this forum or to technical for Tina, but clearly I was mistaken.

My apologies to Tina and her loyal users if you thought anything else.

@Waira , I love everything about what you do on afn, and I promise these questions are no more technical for someone working in electronics production than if someone asked you about what PH is. Seems technical when you first hear it, but It's the first baby steps.

Edit: another edit, I've edited this post a million times now.

I would like to apologize for knocking reviews based solely on performance , clearly I was wrong and that is just as important as build quality. I admit I have a lil bias towards how things are made over performance. Price, performance and build quality are all of equal value, and I think no one reviewer can do it all without input from each other in their perspective field. Some of my past experience is fire suppression systems in military units. I was not involved in the performance of these system, but I was responsible for making sure quality standards were adhered to for the longevity and guarantee that system will function 100% of the time without fail. I hope this will help understand my perspective of a quality product. And I do not expect Mars to meet this criteria, but I do expect some sort of initiative to root out failures.

Last edited:
This will be my last post on the matter, as it seems there is little interest.

I think there is maybe some confusion as to my intent, and maybe I have not come across with sincerity. When reviews are done on a product , any product for that mater such as a car, someone needs to write about it's performance, such as daggersstrain previous pic review of what he has accomplished with the product. But like performance reviews of a car, I believe the reviewer needs to rely on other sources as to the build quality of the manufacturing of that car if they are not well versed in car manufacturing. I have not made any comments or asked any questions about it's performance , I will leave that to those more qualified.

One of the questions I asked is what steps they take towards ESD control. Why is this important ? Because ESD (Electro static Discharge) is the [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] cause for electronic end user failures in ANY electronic manufacturing company. It could be answered by telling me about how they deal with it. Do they use wrist straps, ESD mats, flooring, environmental controls, smocks, shoe straps, or all of the above. It's not a loaded question or very technical for that matter. I was trying to avoid directly asking specifically about each control because I wanted an honest answer, not one saying what I want to hear. The same goes for every other question I have asked. They are all big factors of a quality product. They are not asked out of malice or to acquire another light, but as a genuine attempt to evaluate their products. I do not need to have a light shipped to me for any of this.

If I let the question die after the first attempt to get an answer, what kind of evaluation can I make about the company that I'm trying to do a review of. I was trying to lead Tina to talk about their companies practices to write a positive review. I did not believe the questions were out of line for this forum or to technical for Tina, but clearly I was mistaken.

My apologies to Tina and her loyal users if you thought anything else.

@Waira , I love everything about what you do on afn, and I promise these questions are no more technical for someone working in electronics production than if someone asked you about what PH is. Seems technical when you first hear it, but It's the first baby steps.

Edit: another edit, I've edited this post a million times now.

I would like to apologize for knocking reviews based solely on performance , clearly I was wrong and that is just as important as build quality. I admit I have a lil bias towards how things are made over performance. Price, performance and build quality are all of equal value, and I think no one reviewer can do it all without input from each other in their perspective field. Some of my past experience is fire suppression systems in military units. I was not involved in the performance of these system, but I was responsible for making sure quality standards were adhered to for the longevity and guarantee that system will function 100% of the time without fail. I hope this will help understand my perspective of a quality product. And I do not expect Mars to meet this criteria, but I do expect some sort of initiative to root out failures.
lol u guys dont get your panties in a bunch lol I love this place . We are quick too halt all jibber jabber we think could go south .But I see where you was going with this. Im sorry we jumped the gun a bit. Kinda funny to me to see us trying to sniff out potential problems. We are just trying to keep the good karma vibe going. Sorry for the misunderstanding. PM me with your other reviews you have done in the past.

Back