Mars Hydro Lights Testers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this Migro you refer to?

we are talking about the lie migro said about the actual temperature of the light. I showed you with picture proof as an actual owner of the lights. Real talk, one of the light is 5 degrees more than the other 3. Please show me something different if you want to rebuttal. It’s very obvious that you do not actually own one of the lights or you wouldn’t be asking me about temps 20” below. Spend that $$$ and see for your self @Synergy hey bill can you get some temps off your sp3000. @WildBill I would like to hear from other sp3000 owners.

He's talking about Shane at Migro. He runs (owns?) a light building company who also runs a youtube channel which tests and compares lights. I enjoy his videos and seems to be fairly impartial, stating clearly his measurements whether or not the light is better/worse than his.

He may not have been lying @Blu_tri . He usually is testing in an open area with a single light. You're running 4x of them in an enclosed space which is bound to increase the ambient and individual light temperatures.

Here's some numbers and parameters, make of it what you will.
4X4 Original Gorilla Grow tent no extension all 3 bottom vents open
Exhaust fan set to less than half.
Driver and fan out of tent
A/C set to 78*F
Old California Lightworks Solarflare 220 in the tent also
Both lights at 100% and at 19in above canopy
Temps taken on floor away from air vent
With the front open, temp runs 82*-83F
All closed up, temps run 84- 85*F

Here's some numbers and parameters, make of it what you will.
4X4 Original Gorilla Grow tent no extension all 3 bottom vents open
Exhaust fan set to less than half.
Driver and fan out of tent
A/C set to 78*F
Old California Lightworks Solarflare 220 in the tent also
Both lights at 100% and at 19in above canopy
Temps taken on floor away from air vent
With the front open, temp runs 82*-83F
All closed up, temps run 84- 85*F
Thank you bill @WildBill do you have a way of taking the temperature of the light itself? I’m not talking about grow space temps. We are talking about the actual temp of your fixture.

Last edited:
@MarshydroTina Mars hydro always has stipulations on there give always. Basically they are looking for free promotions for their products. I have 4x sp3000. They are very hot even with the driver located outside of the the tent. So Migro lied to us about the temps being 85*f. It’s more like 120* f on the board side and 100* f one the driver side. And that’s at 100% power. The driver runs 120*f as well. I noticed that the boards temp will be the same as the driver. So you have to ask what did mars hydro pay Migro to lie to us. That was the only reason I made my purchase was because of the lower temperatures that the so called light testers announced. I will purchase a light meter in the near future and post my finding on right here as well. Money is very hard to come by. There is no reason for companies to use bad business practices on there customers. Mars is know for its bad reputation. There is a good reason why. All 4 lights are curved slightly but noticeable. It’s painted with something. I can’t tell if the material is aluminum or painted cast iron. The dimmer switch is so flimsy. Almost like a cheap dollar store kids toy. The light. To the eye, it has more light than a cob. I placed a sp3000 next to 6 cobs. To the eye, the sp3000 easily won. The last time I checked, plants don’t have eyes therefor an apogee meter purchase will be very soon. View attachment 1227832View attachment 1227833View attachment 1227842
Save your money....although I want one too, check this vid out for performance figures.

Thank you bill @WildBill do you have a way of taking the temperature of the light itself? I’m not talking about grow space temps. We are talking about the actual temp of your fixture.
Nope
Light temp figures aren't really that important with proper air flow for plant health.
300 watts in a small area will generate some temperatures. LOL
The same wattage in one of their spread designs would reveal a lower heat sink temp. It's simple thermal dynamics.

Last edited:
I'm so down for this! Where do I sign up?
There is a constant in this camp. No matter what you say there will be several other acting like politicians. The statement about the temperature of the sp3000 fixture is a easy rebuttal. With so much know how and ability around here, and so many very experienced growers on deck, one with think, the simple questions would be the easiest to answer. I thought bud helped people see better and think clearer. It makes me question, “ what the hell are you cats smoking around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back