Mars Hydro Lights Testers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try a light out for you @MarshydroTina hook me up with 1 and i could do a side by side comparison with either sp 250s or the tsw2ooo @Son of Hobbes

Sign me up, I will test 100%!!!

@MarshydroTina Mars hydro always has stipulations on there give always. Basically they are looking for free promotions for their products. I have 4x sp3000. They are very hot even with the driver located outside of the the tent. So Migro lied to us about the temps being 85*f. It’s more like 120* f on the board side and 100* f one the driver side. And that’s at 100% power. The driver runs 120*f as well. I noticed that the boards temp will be the same as the driver. So you have to ask what did mars hydro pay Migro to lie to us. That was the only reason I made my purchase was because of the lower temperatures that the so called light testers announced. I will purchase a light meter in the near future and post my finding on right here as well. Money is very hard to come by. There is no reason for companies to use bad business practices on there customers. Mars is know for its bad reputation. There is a good reason why. All 4 lights are curved slightly but noticeable. It’s painted with something. I can’t tell if the material is aluminum or painted cast iron. The dimmer switch is so flimsy. Almost like a cheap dollar store kids toy. The light. To the eye, it has more light than a cob. I placed a sp3000 next to 6 cobs. To the eye, the sp3000 easily won. The last time I checked, plants don’t have eyes therefor an apogee meter purchase will be very soon.
F0ACF614-BEE0-40A2-8F7D-40CD595888EE.jpeg
17C60AC8-75DC-446E-BBBE-EAE60572EABE.jpeg
8072ABFF-0853-4434-AF34-26B8A29D851B.jpeg

@MarshydroTina Mars hydro always has stipulations on there give always. Basically they are looking for free promotions for their products. I have 4x sp3000. They are very hot even with the driver located outside of the the tent. So Migro lied to us about the temps being 85*f. It’s more like 120* f on the board side and 100* f one the driver side. And that’s at 100% power. The driver runs 120*f as well. I noticed that the boards temp will be the same as the driver. So you have to ask what did mars hydro pay Migro to lie to us. That was the only reason I made my purchase was because of the lower temperatures that the so called light testers announced. I will purchase a light meter in the near future and post my finding on right here as well. Money is very hard to come by. There is no reason for companies to use bad business practices on there customers. Mars is know for its bad reputation. There is a good reason why. All 4 lights are curved slightly but noticeable. It’s painted with something. I can’t tell if the material is aluminum or painted cast iron. The dimmer switch is so flimsy. Almost like a cheap dollar store kids toy. The light. To the eye, it has more light than a cob. I placed a sp3000 next to 6 cobs. To the eye, the sp3000 easily won. The last time I checked, plants don’t have eyes therefor an apogee meter purchase will be very soon. View attachment 1227832View attachment 1227833View attachment 1227842
I'm happy with the sp250s with one and a half grows under belt with em but I'm in the uk so other than a few weeks of the year heat is a good thing for me. The heat they put out even when its 20 degrees plus temps outside I can still keep it at 26 degrees in tent without to much trouble with all drivers left on.

@MarshydroTina Mars hydro always has stipulations on there give always. Basically they are looking for free promotions for their products. I have 4x sp3000. They are very hot even with the driver located outside of the the tent. So Migro lied to us about the temps being 85*f. It’s more like 120* f on the board side and 100* f one the driver side. And that’s at 100% power. The driver runs 120*f as well. I noticed that the boards temp will be the same as the driver. So you have to ask what did mars hydro pay Migro to lie to us. That was the only reason I made my purchase was because of the lower temperatures that the so called light testers announced. I will purchase a light meter in the near future and post my finding on right here as well. Money is very hard to come by. There is no reason for companies to use bad business practices on there customers. Mars is know for its bad reputation. There is a good reason why. All 4 lights are curved slightly but noticeable. It’s painted with something. I can’t tell if the material is aluminum or painted cast iron. The dimmer switch is so flimsy. Almost like a cheap dollar store kids toy. The light. To the eye, it has more light than a cob. I placed a sp3000 next to 6 cobs. To the eye, the sp3000 easily won. The last time I checked, plants don’t have eyes therefor an apogee meter purchase will be very soon. View attachment 1227832View attachment 1227833View attachment 1227842

That doesn’t matter much with extraction running, what is the canopy temp and ambient temp? Driver and lights are going to run hit, they are putting out par, cmon man. To think like that is daft. Where the importance lies is what is your ambient temperature? What about 24 inches below the light?

That doesn’t matter much with extraction running, what is the canopy temp and ambient temp? Driver and lights are going to run hit, they are putting out par, cmon man. To think like that is daft. Where the importance lies is what is your ambient temperature? What about 24 inches below the light?
we are talking about the lie migro said about the actual temperature of the light. I showed you with picture proof as an actual owner of the lights. Real talk, one of the light is 5 degrees more than the other 3. Please show me something different if you want to rebuttal. It’s very obvious that you do not actually own one of the lights or you wouldn’t be asking me about temps 20” below. Spend that $$$ and see for your self @Synergy hey bill can you get some temps off your sp3000. @WildBill I would like to hear from other sp3000 owners.

we are talking about the lie migro said about the actual temperature of the light. I showed you with picture proof as an actual owner of the lights. Real talk, one of the light is 5 degrees more than the other 3. Please show me something different if you want to rebuttal. It’s very obvious that you do not actually own one of the lights or you wouldn’t be asking me about temps 20” below. Spend that $$$ and see for your self @Synergy hey bill can you get some temps off your sp3000. @WildBill I would like to hear from other sp3000 owners.

No, but I’m asking the temps because of course the driver and light will be hot. What’s the canopy temp and the temp 24 inches away? I know my temps are 72-76 12 inches under my light, as I keep a device there and at the floor. Only a few degrees variance, however the actual light, of course, will be super hot ;).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back