New Grower Mara's continuous grow

I gave Poison Bear OG #1 her pre-harvest haircut, i.e. pulled all the fan leaves off. She didn't grow much, but she has a denser bud structure that what I've grown before. I wish I was equipped to press some. Even though she's a Sativa dom, maybe she took after a distant Indica ancestor. Her sister is a more open structure, and purple buds (see last post). I accidentally knocked a few buds off, and gave 1 a quick cure in the Arizer Solo on the way up to vaping temperature. If I'm rambling that might explain it.
PBOG.1_day88_top.jpg

Attachments

• PBOG.1_day88_haircut.jpg
    PBOG.1_day88_haircut.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 15
Weekly update, 3rd Friday of 2023.
After ripening for 11 more days after chopping the colas, I chopped the remaining lower level of @Jean-O's VooDoo S1 #2 last Friday and jarred them last night. I'm thunderstruck! The tops gave 301 g., The lowers were jarred yesterday, another 231 g. for a total of 532 g. (18 oz!). By far my biggest harvest yet. VooDoo is a superb smoke and cerebral high. In the photo, the first 2 gallons are what's left of the top buds, the 2 jars on the right are the lower buds:
View attachment 1557598
The next three are 88 days old: WTF #2, Poison Bear OG #1 and #2. PBOG #1 will hang today, the others as soon as drying space is available:
View attachment 1557596 View attachment 1557597 View attachment 1557600
I started 4 seeds on 1/5 that all germinated and lifted helmets. I guess those fruit-flies I've been seeing were my first plague of fungus gnats. Three of the 4 sprouts got munched, and the remaining one looks like she won't make it either. I sprayed the soil with spinosad while I wait for mosquito bits to arrive. WTF #3 is barely alive on day 10, so I guess I'll have to drop out of Jean-O's Thunderdome grow-off. I'll keep feeding her in case she's able to survive:
View attachment 1557599
After these next 3 girls get chopped I'll do a major clean/disinfect before I start another run. I've been shopping for seeds, like amnesia haze, mexican airlines, malverde... but Jean-O's genetics have been so good to me it would hard to go anywhere else! I'm about to order Jean-O's Hell Hound and The Duke. I'd certainly like to do Jean-O's VooDoo, WTF, and Poison Bear OG again (and again and again).

That's all for this week. Thanks to all you Live Stoners for getting me this far.
That is a huge bummer with the fungus gnats sorry to hear about the issue.

@Mara Cachafa - If you have fungus gnats I've found this BTI powder to be a lot easier to use than the dunks. Their website is a bit wonky/amateur hour but I've ordered twice without issue. The powder mixes in easier than crumbling a dunk and while it still takes a few treatments over several weeks, it seems to last in the soil and I did notice immediate results after one dose.

We have a lot of patio plants that come in for the winters. They definitely bring flying pests but a few BTI waterings and all is good.

Update for 4th Friday of 2023:
Poison Bear OG #1 last photo before chop this morning on day 95:
PBOG.1_day95.jpg
Also 95 days old, Poison Bear OG #2 and WTF #2:
PBOG.2_day95.jpg WTF.2_day95.jpg
WTF #3 barely survived when her first roots were attacked by fungus gnat larvae, and her first leaves got gnawed by a thrip. She didn't grow at all for the first 2 weeks, so I guess she'll be a runt. I sprayed with spinosad and watered in mosquito bits. Now 16 days old, she looks like she might survive. She's in the running for a booby prize in Jean-O's Thunderdome grow:
WTF.3_day16.jpg

I cooked up some MCT oil from the recent harvests of VooDoo and WTF, with 7g of bud in 2oz of MCT oil. I decarbed in small jars in the oven for 40 minutes at 245°F, and infused for several days, heating to 180°F for 1.5 hours. A 1/4 ml in cocoa or in tea with 1/2 t. of lecithin was enough to be flying for 8 hours, but still able to still function:
WTF.1_VD.1_MCT.jpg
That's all the news this week. I'm itching to start 3 more, but I'll do a major dungeon cleaning first to get rid of the bugs. Thanks and happy growing to all you real Live Stoners!

Friday report, a little late.
What the Fuck #2 got the chop last night. At least the uppers. I left the lowers to get some sun. Here's before chop:
WTF.2_day102_chopday.jpg
colas:
WTF.2_day102_tops.jpg
Here's what's left to ripen a bit more:
WTF.2_day102_lowers.jpg
The only plant left is the baby WTF #3, day 23, finally starting to grow after a rough start:
WTF.3_day23.jpg

I'll do a major clean and disinfect before I start 3 more. That's all the news for this week. Big thanks to all the Live Stoners.

Friday update. Only 1-1/2 plants left. Here's the bottom half of WTF #2 (colas are already in jars). I had to lift the droopy lower branches with the black wire hoop, suspended by 3 strings. I'll chop the rest soon:
WTF.2_day109_lowers.jpg

WTF #3 is way behind schedule. She's putting out a 4th node on day 30. I don't know if her internal clock will be set back because her first weeks were spent fighting to survive gnat larvae and a thrip. If she'd had a normal childhood she'd be showing sex by now. The bottle caps are to keep the first set of leaves off the coco:
WTF.3_day30.jpg

The last 3 plants are curing nicely in jars. They were smaller than average, I think because the fruit flies I didn't pay attention to were actually fungus gnats, and their larvae were munching the roots since they first sprouted. My last set of sprouts had 75% mortality in week 1! So now I've been inoculating the coco/perlite media with Bacillus Thuringiensis (mosquito bits) every week. I've not seen nary a gnat again. Here's the harvest (not counting the WTF lowers still ripening): PBOG #1 84g, PBOG #2 136g, WTF #2 colas 111g:
WTF.2-PBOG.1.2_jarred.jpg

I must say that @Jean-O's genetics have given me a new fave with each new strain I try! There are still more of his strains to try though...

That's about it for this week. I think I have enough stash to hold off on putting in the next crop until I do some upgrades to the dungeon while it's mostly empty. Thanks to all who've got me this far!

Attachments

• MC_1part_schedule.png
    MC_1part_schedule.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 10
Thanks @Talonxracer! I like the 1-gallon glass pickle jars best, but they were all in use and I had to dig for these. The 2 on the left are plastic gallons i got free from a neighborhood food distribution. They came with expired banana peppers that were no use. The 2 on the right are about 1/2 gallon each (artichoke hearts, pickles).

Thanks @Talonxracer! I like the 1-gallon glass pickle jars best, but they were all in use and I had to dig for these. The 2 on the left are plastic gallons i got free from a neighborhood food distribution. They came with expired banana peppers that were no use. The 2 on the right are about 1/2 gallon each (artichoke hearts, pickles).
And they are all holding gorgeous buds! Nice :headbang:

Back