New Grower Mara's continuous grow

Friday update. Only 1-1/2 plants left. Here's the bottom half of WTF #2 (colas are already in jars). I had to lift the droopy lower branches with the black wire hoop, suspended by 3 strings. I'll chop the rest soon:
View attachment 1564117
WTF #3 is way behind schedule. She's putting out a 4th node on day 30. I don't know if her internal clock will be set back because her first weeks were spent fighting to survive gnat larvae and a thrip. If she'd had a normal childhood she'd be showing sex by now. The bottle caps are to keep the first set of leaves off the coco:
View attachment 1564118
The last 3 plants are curing nicely in jars. They were smaller than average, I think because the fruit flies I didn't pay attention to were actually fungus gnats, and their larvae were munching the roots since they first sprouted. My last set of sprouts had 75% mortality in week 1! So now I've been inoculating the coco/perlite media with Bacillus Thuringiensis (mosquito bits) every week. I've not seen nary a gnat again. Here's the harvest (not counting the WTF lowers still ripening): PBOG #1 84g, PBOG #2 136g, WTF #2 colas 111g:
View attachment 1564116
I must say that @Jean-O's genetics have given me a new fave with each new strain I try! There are still more of his strains to try though...

That's about it for this week. I think I have enough stash to hold off on putting in the next crop until I do some upgrades to the dungeon while it's mostly empty. Thanks to all who've got me this far!
I seen a similar struggle about a year ago on here, someone was having PH issues while starting a WTF he was roughly 30 days in before the issue was straightened out and the plant finally took off and eventually yielded pretty strong still but I believe the grow went for like 120 days possibly longer I can't remember right off hand. I've seen plants that seemed to hold off there biological clock due to issues before. Fungus gnats can definitely mess up a seedling, I've found the best way to reuse my media is to let it dry out completely at the end of a run and if your using fabric pots dump the media out into a different container and wash the pot. I usually put my used medium into a plastic tote after it's complete dry to the point of dust and I will alternate cycles with the used medium never doing back to back cycles. Thrips are a bit more difficult to get rid of however.

Back