Mephisto Genetics Mango Smile, how long to finish?

Reaction score
Question for those who have grown Mango Smile before.

How long did it take to finish for you?

I know the info for the strain says 75 to 90 days to finish, but I've seen several grow reports of the strain now where people said it took 110 to 120+ days for their mango smile to finish. That's way longer than I expected.

I'm in a situation where I'll be moving later this summer, likely in August sometime, so I'm hoping these plants finish up before I move. I have about 90 to 100 days at the very most...I'm about to sow some seeds (Mango Smile, Skywalker, CDLC, Strawberry Mango crumble, 3 BOG X Samsquanch OG), I feel most should be finished by then but hearing about the Mango Smile taking nearly 4 months or more to finish I'm kinda hesitant to sow that seed (but the mango smile is the one I was looking forward to growing & smoking the most).

They'll be grown outdoors under the northern California sunshine, in large pots and some in the ground. Not sure if autos tend to take longer or finish up sooner when grown under the sun compared to lights, or if there isn't much of a difference. (?)

I know the info for the strain says 75 to 90 days to finish, but I've seen several grow reports of the strain now where people said it took 110 to 120+ days for their mango smile to finish. That's way longer than I expected.

I'm in a situation where I'll be moving later this summer, likely in August sometime, so I'm hoping these plants finish up before I move. I have about 90 to 100 days at the very most...I'm about to sow some seeds (Mango Smile, Skywalker, CDLC, Strawberry Mango crumble, 3 BOG X Samsquanch OG), I feel most should be finished by then but hearing about the Mango Smile taking nearly 4 months or more to finish I'm kinda hesitant to sow that seed (but the mango smile is the one I was looking forward to growing & smoking the most).

They'll be grown outdoors under the northern California sunshine, in large pots and some in the ground. Not sure if autos tend to take longer or finish up sooner when grown under the sun compared to lights, or if there isn't much of a difference. (?)

I am still in my first Meph grow, and haven’t grown that strain. I’ve read similar questions on Reddit, though, and the consensus seems to be that larger pots take longer to finish. I believe the breeder estimates are based on ~2gallon pots.

I am still in my first Meph grow, and haven’t grown that strain. I’ve read similar questions on Reddit, though, and the consensus seems to be that larger pots take longer to finish. I believe the breeder estimates are based on ~2gallon pots.
I've read something similar on DP's website in regards to their longer grow time strains -- if you are growing them outdoors in the ground expect them to go 2-3 weeks longer than if you grow them in a pot.

Cooler temps can also add time to outdoor grows, but I suspect sunny California is warmer than my indoor grow room. My Mango Smile was harvested around 85 days indoors, grown in 10 gallon no till pots.
cheers
os

I took mine to 87 days in 3 gallons of Coco Loco.

57 days(2 days ago) and not yet flowering. 120ish seems like a good estimate. Lots of factors though, like my 5 gal pot, topped and defoliation of fans maybe 3 weeks ago before these were taken could have given me more time to veg.
5-7 Day 57-1.jpg
5-7 Day 57-2.jpg

I might switch to 12/12 to try and induce flowering at that point lol just my opinion

Thanks for the replies everyone and letting me know about your experience growing Mango Smile.

Seems like the average is around 85 to 90 days....But there are a handful of folks that have had this strain go well over 100 days.

Only one way to find out. I'll be sowing the seeds a little later today along with several other mephisto strains.

I'll be trying these out pretty soon too. Looking forward to see how they go. Keep us posted on yours.:d5:

I've grown a few MNS varieties (La Niña, Critical Mass, etc), and I've found really nice plants on every pack. I haven't tried Mango Haze unfortunately, the original version that Meph's tried to capture with their Mango Smile.

Either case, let's see how well Meph did. The original MHz does have its own cult around it.

The best of luck,
tZ

Back