Indoor Magic Prototypes

Alright KoM and guests...

Black Diesel tots on Day 8 :) A couple little mutations I've never come across...
But obviously not a big deal, just interesting. :) They may be common for the
first "post-cotyledon" set...

Day 6 saw the introduction of a little Big Bloom and molasses, today they tasted
their first Grow Big, CaMg+ and Kangaroots along with the Big Bloom...no molasses.

Led to believe that 707 has about half the pre-charge that Happy Frog did.

Pics!:
IMG_4296.JPG
IMG_4297.JPG
IMG_4298.JPG
IMG_4299.JPG
IMG_4300.JPG
IMG_4301.JPG

Looking good bro, dont worry they will go out of that. Their mom was slow at first but took off week 3, finished just under 3ft. :thumbsup: sour diesel dom karma too you, the resin production was unreal!:drool:

They look good Trap! How do you like those root riot cubes? I tried a bag one time and had germ problems with about half of them. Never tried them again but always wondered if it was just a bad bag. I put them away and a few months later noticed a crap ton of mold on them and thought that may have been my problem. Since then I have always been nervous to even try them again.

I won't germ any other way now...I think I've gone 20 for 20 with em. I keep them moist
in the bag and haven't experienced any mold, but I'm in a low humidity environment...IDK
if that makes a difference...

I just generally follow Ronin's germination method...(it's a link in his sig)

Thanks, A4 :)

Sorry for such a delay in updates @Magic :cheers:
Here is Miss Opal day 54.
index.php

She stands 17"/43cm tall.
index.php

She got the lower branch training and opened up really well.
index.php

She got a bit too much N but it hasn't seemed to affect her negatively.
index.php

Let the swelling begin:d5:
index.php

Smells are varying..
Earthy, musty funk with a whiff of juicy fruit gum in the back.
When rubbed there's a fuel bubblegum smell developing.
Can't wait to see how she develops:drool:
Her diet consists of the following:
3ml Grow/16ml Bloom/10ml Boost/5ml Zyme per gallon.
She currently drinks 1.5 liters every 24hrs.

Her smell is dominating an OG Kush and White Widow in the same room.
Good stuff Magic:headbang:

Alrighty folks, a little update on the Black Diesels

Day 15

Been feeding:

GH Armor Si
GO CaMg+
FF Big Bloom
FF Grow Big
FF Tiger Bloom (Schedule calls for just a smidge)
BD Kangaroots/Microbe Brew (alternating)
BD Boomerang
Bubbled Primo

pHing to about 6.2 - soil's at around 6.6 wet.

IMG_4302.JPG

Love how these kids are developing...:)

Some observations:

Pheno isolation - Magic, fantastic job, man. 1,2 and 4 could literally be mistaken for the same plant. And 3 & 5 look to be the other pheno....very similar.

Strain theory - So I'm a relative newb so the caveat to this is out there...IIRC, HSO Sour Diesel and Diesels in general are Sativa dom strains...and Black Dragon, containing 3 HUGE Affie Indicas and Deep Chunk (and White Russian and PJem, right?) is an Indica-dom strain...that makes this a potentially really cool strain in that it could provide the Sour Diesel taste and the Black Dragon THUMP and medicinal efficacy. :) At these early stages, they are definitely showing indi-dom leaves.

3 & 5: Just a question for Magic - These two have a slight downturn to the tips of the 3rd set...it doesn't look environmental, it looks genetic because all are in such similar good health. Seen it in your travels with this strain?

Soil - First time with Roots Organic Formula 707. I LOVE the fluffy texture of this soil. Lotta peat. I envision the roots having such an easy time of expansion down there. The only apparent drawback is that it doesn't seem to hold/retain as much fluid so I imagine the feeding frequency is going to go up during mid-flower.

Cruising along, happy as flora-based clams.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back