Grow Mediums Low_and_Slow Coco Micro Grow! (16oz container comp. entry)

Looking very nice and healthy L&S ^_^

High five for a super healthy start! :High 5:

Thanks Blue, fingers crossed my Magic Dragon isn't a male, I've only ever had male of that strain so far...

16oz day 23.jpg

Weekly update...confirmed female on the left, unsure on the right. Can't remember which strain is which, but my suspicion is that the Haze 2.0 is on the left...

280134d1380968889-low_and_slow-coco-micro-grow-16oz-container-comp-entry-haze2.jpg

Some Mg def. in the magic dragon, and the haze has leaf damage from when I foliar sprayed her not remembering that there was a bunch of epsom salt in my sprayer...added more and got a nice leaf burn. d'oh!

280135d1380968901-low_and_slow-coco-micro-grow-16oz-container-comp-entry-mdrag1.jpg

Attachments

• haze2.jpg
    haze2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 227
  • mdrag1.jpg
    mdrag1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 252
DH1.jpgmd1.jpg

Bleached spots are where the tiny pots sit below the larger 1.5g pots my photos are vegging in...basically light dep.

I'm upping their feed a bit, the taller haze 2.0 is showing some deficiencies...going full bore as of this morning.

She looks good man! I wouldn't have thought that haze would have started flowering so quickly. Nice job bro!

Me too, this plant has me both simultaneously bummed and stoked out of my mind! I'm bummed because the other use she would have been put to would have been a 10g equivalent air pot full of high brix organic soil...I was going to try out my other grow method using her since I knew she was an auto but would really benefit from a huge pot. Instead I dropped her for this comp because she was my only fem bean and I wanted a guaranteed contender...anyway, she started showing preflowers around day 20, fully pistils showing about 22, so very very fast onset once she kicked into gear, corresponding almost perfectly with her hitting the bottom of the container I would think. Probably a strain that would be well suited in a very tall, very large pot.

can someone walk me through this "bud washing method" its got me interested!
wouldn't this make the risk of mold greater?

can someone walk me through this "bud washing method" its got me interested!
wouldn't this make the risk of mold greater?

Copied from Doc's thread on another forum:
Peroxide 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Lemon Juice/Baking Soda 30-45 seconds
RO 30-45 seconds
RO 30-45 seconds

I use 3% and mix it 3 parts RO to one part H202. 30 seconds is a "minimum" dip. If there are signs of PM, submerge it for a whole minute.
The smoke comes out smoother and with less flavor.....but damn smooth. Smoothest ever....you can fill your lungs to the brim without any harshness, although it does expand.
The best part is PM is taken out of the picture for those who struggle with it.
There is something else I'm going to try:
PM can't stand temps of 100 degrees plus.....I'm thinking of heating up the water in the peroxide bath to about 120 degrees and doing a 30 second wash, then continuing with a normal bud wash. I'm just trying to guarantee the safest, best product possible....something I can recommend to ANYONE with the clearest of conscience:
This washed product is SAFE to ingest in any and all ways.....
Mold isn't an issue once the buds are cleansed, plus from my limited experience with a wash, the buds actually dry faster. I would guess because you equalize hydration throughout the plant and get a lot of the crap off the leaves/stems so that evaporation can happen more readily. Clean plant tissue will dehydrate faster than dirty/gunked up plant tissue. If you ever looked at a spent charcoal pre-filter, they're nasty and covered in "room dust" usually. You can assume your plants are just as dirty, and I don't need to be smoking that!

Back