Loam

Hey blackbear do I have to post a reply directly to you or do you see anything I post

Hey blackbear do I have to post a reply directly to you or do you see anything I post

Everyone can see everything you post in here, the quotes are so we don't lose track of who's replying to who. To whom? I was always bad at that...

The point is, we're all stoners here and it helps

:pass:

Because a fertile soil and a potting soil are two different things.

Loam is just a base soil type you'd find in a field.

Potting soil is an artificial environment that you are creating to maximize your plants potential in a small space. There's not really anything "natural" about it. Adding loam to OF could reduce it's ability to breathe and could make your soil more soppy.

There's lots of good information in the organics section about making your potting soil into super soil, it works like a charm!

Better would be adding some compost or worm castings and balancing it with some perlite.

Here is a primer on the topic by a long passed friend:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tlo-for-dummies-from-a-dummy.17822/

And some recipes people use:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tlo-super-soil-recipes.10566/
Okay thanks for the links I appreciate your time I'm trying to learn how to grow these autoflowers and it's awful nice to have you all be patient with newbies I realize it my questions may seem sometimes ignorant and maybe even simple however you give me a different point of view and new things to think about I'm retired and I have nothing to do but find a hobby or better yet a challenge my Autoflower test seed from Fast Bud survived the cat I'm starting some big devil XL from sweet seeds and I will take your advice and give it a third try. And as far as the loam or anything else I've got a lot of money invested in this venture so far and was trying to decrease my budget and I live on a farm and have all the loam, Earth,chicken poop,horse poop and you name it available and I just try to figure out how to use some of those things that were free . I'm not a knucklehead and will take your advice it hasn't fallen on deaf ears

Back