Status
Not open for further replies.
Study Claims Smelling Farts Could Prevent Cancer and Other Diseases

767292.jpg
:gassy::gassy1::crying::jawdrop:

Scientists at the University of Exeter claim that the smell of farts can offer health benefits when it comes to cancer, diabetes, stroke and other diseases.

In what could possibly be one of the weirdest science/health news I've heard in a long while, scientists out of the University of Exeter claim that smelling farts, could prevent cancer and other diseases. And yes this isn't a joke post or something someone found on humor websites. In a press release by the university, Dr. Mark Wood mentions farts as a "healthcare hero."

Although hydrogen sulfide is well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases.

While farts can be noxious in large doses, the scientists who conducted the study think that smelling it in small doses can help lower the risk of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis, and dementia by preserving mitochondria. Not only that, but researchers are even concocting their own compounds to emulate a fart's "health benefits." According to a study by Professor Matt Whiteman in the Medicinal Chemistry Communications journal, "We have exploited this natural process by making a compound, called AP39, which slowly delivers very small amounts of this gas specifically to the mitochondria," and adds, their "results indicate that if stressed cells are treated with AP39, mitochondria are protected and cells stay alive."

Unfortunately, the study doesn't go into specific detail into just how much flatulence one must be exposed to in order to reap these benefits. But given farts are free, and assuming you have a high tolerance for toxic smells, why not smell them all? So, the next time you want to rip a big one in an enclosed space, show the people around you this post to let them know you're just helping them live a little longer.

Source: University of Exeter via TIME

Who would have thought it, as the operator of a particularly active Hydrogen Sulfide vent I've actually been a caregiver all these years. Can I have my med badge then?

767292.jpg

Scientists at the University of Exeter claim that the smell of farts can offer health benefits when it comes to cancer, diabetes, stroke and other diseases.

In what could possibly be one of the weirdest science/health news I've heard in a long while, scientists out of the University of Exeter claim that smelling farts, could prevent cancer and other diseases. And yes this isn't a joke post or something someone found on humor websites. In a press release by the university, Dr. Mark Wood mentions farts as a "healthcare hero."

Although hydrogen sulfide is well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases.

While farts can be noxious in large doses, the scientists who conducted the study think that smelling it in small doses can help lower the risk of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis, and dementia by preserving mitochondria. Not only that, but researchers are even concocting their own compounds to emulate a fart's "health benefits." According to a study by Professor Matt Whiteman in the Medicinal Chemistry Communications journal, "We have exploited this natural process by making a compound, called AP39, which slowly delivers very small amounts of this gas specifically to the mitochondria," and adds, their "results indicate that if stressed cells are treated with AP39, mitochondria are protected and cells stay alive."

Unfortunately, the study doesn't go into specific detail into just how much flatulence one must be exposed to in order to reap these benefits. But given farts are free, and assuming you have a high tolerance for toxic smells, why not smell them all? So, the next time you want to rip a big one in an enclosed space, show the people around you this post to let them know you're just helping them live a little longer.

Can file this one with the articles from a few years ago with the scientist(s) theorizing that eating your boogers helps boost your immune system. :pass:

@ChillFred

Thanks for the rep bro but the article wasn't about my mum!

I've been trying to find more info on "Medi Monkey" AKA "Andy McDabbin" a UK cannabis activist and maker of medibles and extracts.

I think the story was about his mum so shared it and you repped me before I had the chance to add additional info.

I you liked the story and wish me to keep the rep then cool if not we can work something out.

Peace

Arty

Edit - one reason I am writing this here is a kept getting an error when trying to acces your profile page, this is something I will report and try to get fixed.

@arty zan Yeah, i realized but you still deserve the rep! Ive spent countless hours reading pretty much everything you post... Its all good!

I made an entry in the Sweet seeds comp. Do i get a Badge or is it the one i have for a completed SS grow?

767292.jpg

WHEN YOU SMELL A FART, YOU ARE BREATHING IN SHIT IN IT'S GASCIOUS STATE!!!!..................:gassy1:

Morning Stoners! Had a 5 hour power chop session last night and chopped down all 6 of my ladies. Running on 4 hours of sleep and looking at a nap later. Have the day off and spending it cleaning out the tent. Have a great day!

@arty zan
I made an entry in the Sweet seeds comp. Do i get a Badge or is it the one i have for a completed SS grow?

LIMITED EDITION Sweet Seeds badge available for the Sweet Seeds Photography Competition Entrants for this Month only.

med_gallery_44939_3146_116966-png.565345

This is it..it will be in standard badge size..and we will be throwing in a 100 point plus rep bonus with it.

Sweet Seeds will be giving a Great Seed Prize to the monthly Winners.

Get your Sweet Seed Girls out for AFN..:headbang:..show them what we can do..

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/photographic-contest-sweet-seeds-afn-may-2016.52263/unread

@arty zan Yeah, i realized but you still deserve the rep! Ive spent countless hours reading pretty much everything you post... Its all good!
Awesome thanks bro, you rock :headbang:

Morning Stoners! Had a 5 hour power chop session last night and chopped down all 6 of my ladies. Running on 4 hours of sleep and looking at a nap later. Have the day off and spending it cleaning out the tent. Have a great day!

a805e917ca8a9aae065e30ce0f923299.jpg
Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Nice one Briman :thumbsup: Hope you have a good kip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back