Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Stoners
good-morning-smiley-emoticon.gif

happy-thursday-animated-glitter.gif
Dragons it seems like Thursdays :dragon1:

Can't believe my luck another fine and sunny day, got a busy day ahead of me but had to stop by and say hello
hello1.gif

I'm happy as Larry my Blueberry Kush Auto seeds turned up from Nirvana and surprisingly fast too, their web site said up to 14 days sending to Europe, I got em just over a week from Nederlands to the UK :thumbsup:

Canna quote of the day - "It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics... dope and all that crap. It's a thousand times better than whiskey - it's an assistant - a friend."―Louis Armstrong

upload_2016-5-5_9-55-46.jpeg
Oh yes Louis knows how to kick a gong around :smoking:

We all have heard of Bed & Breakfast accommodation but now in Colorado there is Bud & Breakfast, here's a vid for ya

Looks pretty good :jointman: now all I got to do is save up the air fare and spending money, I could do with a break from the daily grind and get me some fresh air & vape!
Volcano-Vaporizer-Smiley.gif

Today is Password day, that's a weird day to have but we are saving Friday for "No Pants Day"!!:haha:

91600gh602qs7z8.gif
cincohead.jpg
91600gh602qs7z8.gif

A more well known holiday to our N American & S American members is Cinco de Mayo which literally translates to "5 of May" and celebrates the "Battle of Puebla Day".

The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza

A relatively minor holiday in Mexico, in the United States Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations. Cinco de Mayo traditions include parades, mariachi music performances and street festivals in cities and towns across Mexico and the United States.

How Do People Celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

There are various Cinco de Mayo traditions that are celebrated around the world. In Mexico, most of the Cinco de Mayo celebrations that take place occur in the town of Puebla (where the battle took place). There are large parades that feature people dressed up as Mexican and French soldiers. Vendors sell traditional Mexican foods as well as patriotic clothing and accessories for people to wear during the celebration. There is also sometimes a reenactment of the Mexican’s victory over the French troops that takes place in Puebla for visitors and residents to attend.

In the United States and some parts of Canada, people often host Cinco de Mayo parties with their friends and family. The colors of the Mexican flag (red, white, and green) often appear in costumes and party decorations. People decorate for Cinco de Mayo with balloons, streamers, and flowers. Mariachi bands or other Mexican folk music is also played at these celebrations and there is often traditional Mexican dancing. Another common Cinco de Mayo tradition that takes place is a feast of traditional Mexican dishes such as tacos, enchiladas, and salsa and tortilla chips.

Other parts of the world also have their own Cinco de Mayo traditions, though they are not as notable as the traditions in Mexico and the United States. In Vancouver, Canada there is an annual skydiving event and in the Cayman Islands there is an air guitar competition that takes each year on May 5. Furthermore, residents of the island of Malta in the Mediterrranean Sea are encouraged to drink Mexican beer on Cinco de Mayo.

Canna News just in....

Germany relaxes rules on using cannabis for medical purposes

The German Government has given the go-ahead to relax rules on cannabis use by the seriously ill from early next year if they have no other treatment options.

Dried cannabis flowers and cannabis extracts will be available in pharmacies on prescription and the public health system will cover the cost, according to the draft bill, which is expected to come into force in the first half of 2017.

Other countries that allow cannabis use for medical purposes include Italy and the Czech Republic.

Legislation to allow the cultivation of cannabis in Australia for medical or scientific purposes passed Federal Parliament in February.

Some US states have decriminalised cannabis completely.

Portugal has decriminalised all drugs for personal use, but does not allow cannabis use for medical purposes.

Until now, seriously ill people in Germany with cancer, AIDS, Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis could only access cannabis with special approval and had to pay themselves.

"Our aim is that seriously ill people are treated in the best possible way," German Health Minister Hermann Groehe said in a statement.

The German Government is to set up specially supervised plantations to grow cannabis and will import what it needs for now.

IBISWorld, a market research firm, projects sales of marijuana for medical use to increase to $US13.4 billion ($18 billion) in 2020 from $3.6 billion ($4.8 billion) in 2015.

Have a great day Stoners
hookah.gif

Arty

Here is an update on the 420 Celebration and mass disobedience in Hyde Park London

Thousands gathered for 420 event where dope enthusiasts dodged police sniffer dogs in an act of mass civil disobedience

A legalise cannabis supporter in Hyde Park.
Police dogs were kept busy by the thousands who streamed into Hyde Park for the annual 420 cannabis picnic on Wednesday, where 20 people were arrested for a range of drugs offences and a dozen more issued with cannabis warnings.

The retrievers employed by the Metropolitan police to sniff out illegal substances were stationed by the royal park’s Marble Arch entrance, just a few hundred yards from where a crowd that eventually numbered in the thousands smoked spliffs and ate cannabis edibles in an act of mass civil disobedience.

The picnic – held every year on or around 20 April – defied its midweek scheduling by drawing more than 5,000 enthusiasts. At 4.20pm, the internationally recognised time for lighting up a joint, a cheer – and an extra-thick cloud of smoke – went up.

It was a moment of togetherness for dope smokers. And it must have felt like Christmas for the sniffer dogs, who were rewarded with treats for each suspect they greeted at the police checkpoint set up to snare unsuspecting stoners.

CgfJb9jWEAAS7jx.jpg

I watched This dog catch two people with drugs in five minutes in Hyde park
By the end of the day, one 27-year-old woman had been arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a class A substance, 19 people were arrested for possession of cannabis and 12 more were issued with cannabis warnings, according to the Met.

Three more people were arrested at the event on suspicion of robbery.

The drug arrests and warnings came despite the organisers claiming they had negotiated a “safe conduct zone” – where smoking weed discreetly would be more or less tolerated – with the Met before the event.

Police liaison officers patrolling the picnic denied any such arrangement, but conceded there would be a “proportionate response” to the protest. “We will be leaning more towards cannabis warnings,” said one, “but obviously if we see a high level of criminality – people dealing, smoking bongs – then we will act. There are children around in the park.”

“Cannabis is still illegal,” her colleague interjected.

By 4pm, just before the climax of the day, the crowds milled together. Picnickers stood or lounged in clumps, passing joints or puffing vaporisers. Portable soundsystems played reggae and drum’n’bass. Hawkers sold cannabis-themed T-shirts and drummers beat out a rhythm.

Cgftb_EW4AAUAQz.jpg

The two kinds of signs at 420 in London.

One of the drummers, Ant Hatcher, with the group Original African Indianz, did not care whether or not cannabis was legalised. “Whether it is or not, it’s always going to be here and people love it,” he said.

“I smoke herb and I mix it with peppermint sometimes. I’m a naturalist, I believe that nature heals. I don’t believe in pharmaceuticals. The herb is a healer. I don’t just smoke it, I eat it as well and I eat the seeds, I drink the powder. I use the oil, I put it on my skin, use it on my hair.”

Pulling up his trouser leg, he added: “My socks are made out of cannabis – these are hemp socks!”

Next to a bright green Brighton cannabis club flag sat Rob Davidson, who said he was there with friends “to celebrate our love of cannabis, and take a stand against unjust prohibition laws”.

Davidson, the chairman of the club, described it as a local organisation that attempted to find a community-led solution to cannabis prohibition. “We don’t want a capitalist takeover of weed,” he said. “We hold private events, which are ticketed, friendly events. We don’t sell or distribute cannabis at the events, but we allow people to come and smoke.”

Rob Davidson, chairman of the Brighton cannabis club, said he was at the 420 picnic to ‘take a stand against unjust prohibition laws’.
But a capitalist takeover of weed seems to be in the pipeline. Stuart Harper, ofNorml UK, the self-styled political wing of the cannabis movement, was upbeat about it. “There’s millions flooding in at the moment,” he said. “There’s rich Mexicans and rich Americans over here with millions in investment capital. In the next 18 months there’s going to be a big shift.”

The business possibilities of the “Big Dope” lobby are serious news. Investment firms such as Privateer Holdings are investing in brands including Marley Natural and Leafly and are lobbying governments around the world. That same capitalist enthusiasm is bleeding down to the grassroots.

Junior, 26, a Slovakian, was at his first 420 protest. “If they would legalise it I would like to immediately start a business,” he said. “There are thousands of people who are into weed and you can find here people from each area of life.”

Bryannie-Laura, 24, from Bedford, said cannabis should be legalised for the good of mankind. “I think it’s really important that we legalise cannabis for its medicinal purposes,” she said. “Some of the stuff that’s happened in America is life changing. It can cure cancer.

“It’s time for change, it’s time to legalise it. It grows in the ground. It’s like magic mushrooms: it makes no sense. I mean, it’s a natural thing.

“Look at the number of people smoking. It’s going to happen, you can’t squash it. It’s a movement. And the government would make a lot more money if they legalised it – everyone can be a winner.”

A man wears a ‘Don’t get caught’ hat during the rally.
On the way out, by the pelican crossing over Park Lane, a man with a white goatee and an American accent looked over with a smile. “Nothing ever changes,” he sighed.

What do you mean? “You know what that’s about right?” he said. “I was out there in ’78, doing the exact same thing. Nearly got arrested.”

But that was decades ago – times have changed. Do you think they can win now?

He laughed. “No.”

Well done to all the thousands of people who gathered together to show the world that we won't be told what to do when it comes to cannabis in the UK and it seems to be a growing feeling!

20 people arrested out of several thousand people aint to bad but if we can change the law, than we can get that down to zero arrests for cannabis use and the 3 scrotes arrested for nicking stuff, well they bloody deserved it!

Last edited:
Good Morning Stoners!
What's the buzz?!!?
Another rainy day hear in NE. This is not a complaint we needed it! One thought did occur to me. When the sun comes out there is going to be one big green explosion. Psyched for that! And the winds are finally calming down so I can fly my quad copters!! Yay!!
Have a real good Thursday folks!

UK news update

Latest news on the Cannabis (Legalisation and Regulation) Bill 2015-16

The MP sponsoring this Bill has nominated 13 May 2016 for the Second Reading debate on the Bill. The House is not expected to sit on this date.

Private Members' Bills have precedence over government business on thirteen Fridays in each session. The last sitting Friday for the consideration of Private Members' Bills for the 2015-16 session was 11 March 2016.

This Bill was introduced to Parliament on 23 March 2016 under the Ten Minute Rule. This allows an MP to make his or her case for a new bill in a speech lasting up to ten minutes. An opposing speech may also be made before the House decides whether or not the bill should be introduced. If the MP is successful the bill is taken to have had its first reading.

This Bill is a Private Member’s Bill. These are often not printed until close to the second reading debate. If the text is not yet available here and you wish to know more about this bill please contact its sponsor, Norman Lamb.

Summary of the Cannabis (Legalisation and Regulation) Bill 2015-16
A Bill to amend the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 to provide for the lawful production, packaging, marketing, sale, purchase, possession and consumption of herbal cannabis in specific circumstances by certain persons; and for connected purposes.

How did this come about?

Cannabis petition forces MPs to consider debating legalisation

More than 125,000 sign appeal calling for total legalisation hosted on government’s official e-petitions website

Cannabis lobbying groups have sought to replicate the success of legalisation and decriminalisation campaigns in the US and elsewhere.

A petition calling for the total legalisation of cannabis in the UK has been signed by more than 125,000 people in just four days.

The response to an appeal hosted on the government’s official e-petitions websitemeans MPs must now consider debating the issue in parliament. All petitions that reach 100,000 signatures are given such consideration.

The petition’s success comes after a persistent campaign on social media, with activist-linked Twitter accounts around the world calling on UK-resident marijuana smokers to sign up.

The drive comes in the same week that three police commissioners said that, in light of budget constraints, they would not expect their officers to prioritise the pursuit of people growing cannabis plants for personal use.

The petition was posted to the parliament website on Tuesday. By 6.30pm on Saturday it had reached 125,000 signatures, well exceeding the 100,000 needed for the government to consider debating the issue in the Commons.

It calls for parliament to “make the production, sale and use of cannabis legal”.

According to its accompanying text: “Legalising cannabis could bring in £900m in taxes every year, save £400m on policing cannabis and create over 10,000 new jobs.”

The text describes the drug as “a substance that is safer than alcohol, and has many uses. It is believed to have been used by humans for over 4,000 years, being made illegal in the UK in 1925”.

The man who started the petition, James Owen, an economics student at Aberystwyth University, told the Guardian he felt people in the UK were ready for cannabis law reform.

“With Uruguay legalising, a lot of states in the US legalising, government cuts, people don’t want to spend the money on policing something they find is harmless,” the 25-year-old said.

“There’s roughly 3 million adult [cannabis] smokers in the UK and I don’t think it’s right for the government to be criminalising such a large section of society.”

Jason Reed, executive director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (Leap) UK, said the petition by Owen, who is not linked to any drug reform activist groups, had come at the right time.

“It’s definitely an issue that people are now taking seriously because before now people saw cannabis reform as something that was for a certain demographic,” he said.

“I think it’s broken into public consciousness. People realise that their loved ones, they are involved in this, so treating people as criminals is quite a barbaric idea now.”

— CRLOS (@Geordie_Carlos)July 25, 2015
Sign this thing if you're British and smoke #cannabis. #changetheworld #unite#medicalmarijuana https://t.co/zEFztFCZBn

Whether MPs will take heed of the petition is uncertain. It will now be considered by the Commons’ petitions committee, which comprises 11 backbenchers from all parties, who have the power to press for action from government or parliament.

Lady Meacher, chair of the all-party parliamentary group for drug policy reform, backed the petition’s aim.

She said: “If relatively harmless herbal cannabis were regulated and made available in licensed outlets, this would lead to a reduction in the use of dangerous drugs and would create a safer environment for young people.

“Clear labelling would warn against use by those with a mental health family history. And use by children under 18 would be forbidden. The losers would be the drug dealers.

“A parliamentary debate would enable the facts and sensible options for reform to be considered. The priority must be the safety of children and young people.”

The Conservative government has already set out a hardline position on drugs. One of its first moves after taking office in May was to introduce a bill that would automatically ban any new psychoactive substance not specifically exempted, regardless of any evidence of harm.

The most recent figures from the Crime Survey of England and Wales, published this week, showed the number of people using cannabis had risen to a five-year high. It also showed the number of young adults using cannabis rose past a million for the first time since 2010-11.

— Greg de Hoedt (@CannabisCureUK)July 23, 2015
Petition the UK Government to #legalise #regulate #cannabishttps://t.co/15Da0vFsl8

While the numbers reporting using cannabis remain well below the levels of the 1990s and 2000s, the cannabis lobby has never been more organised.

Groups such as Norml (National Organisation for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) UK and the UK Cannabis Social Clubs have sought to replicate the success of cannabis legalisation and decriminalisation campaigns in the US and elsewhere.

They have had qualified success. On Tuesday, Durham’s elected police and crime commissioner, Ron Hogg, indicated that officers from his force would not seek to prosecute people using cannabis or growing it for their own use.

A longtime proponent of drug decriminalisation, Hogg said scarce police resources were better deployed tackling dealers and organised crime. Small-time growers and users would benefit more from treatment to help them live drug-free, he said.

A day later, Hogg’s counterpart in Derbyshire, Alan Charles, made a similar statement to the Guardian. He said the force would always target organised criminals producing large quantities of drugs.

Charles said: “If you are talking about people growing a couple of cannabis plants at home on the window sill, I would not expect Derbyshire police to prioritise that.”

Meanwhile, the Dorset commissioner, Martyn Underhill, who declined to comment on his force’s strategy on cannabis without first consulting its police chief who was on holiday, sent a statement in support of Hogg.

“I really admire the work that Durham PCC Ron Hogg is doing in raising this debate about the decriminalisation of cannabis in various forms, such as personal or medicinal use,” the statement said.

“I am discussing both issues currently with local MPs and Dorset police. It is for this reason that I am holding a drugs conference in January 2016.”

On Friday, Kevin Hurley, Surrey commissioner, was asked on Twitter if enforcing the law against small-scale cannabis growers was a priority for his force. https://twitter.com/kvnbhrly1/status/624505514764955648

He said: “Against terrorism, child abuse, sexual assault, assaults, burglary, heroin trafficking, road deaths, fraud, domestic violence, cuts ... No.”

Steve Rolles, a senior analyst with Transform Drug Policy Foundation, told the Guardian that the statements from commissioners made explicit views that have been long held by some police.

“What’s different now with these guys is that they are speaking out,” he said. “They are making a public platform of views and policing practices that have been around for a long time.”

But it would be a mistake to think that all police share that view, said Rolles. Some still believe that, given enough resources, they can win the drug war. That split was also evident within the internal politics of the Conservative party, he said.

“There does seem to be a split between the more moral authoritarian figures, like Theresa May, and the small-state, freedom-of-the-individual Conservatives,” Rolles said.

“If you look at people like Boris Johnson, George Osborne and David Cameron, they are clearly more liberal in regards to the drug laws. But they are beholden to their little-England core voters and the whole Daily Mail agenda.”

Morning all, had a long day yesterday finishing up some landscaping (the technical term for digging like a navvy) and can certainly feel it today. On the plus side I managed to finally get our little polytunnel up, and today I get to chill a bit so all's well.
tinman.jpg

Hope you're all good and enjoying the bud

Mornin' y'all. Let's get high ! :pass:

I'm down :bighug::pass: lets make this an official group smoke out, time to Praise & Blaze Stoners :smokeout: Pass the kouchie pon di left hand side, it hafi bun, it hafi bun

Such a beautiful day,it makes ya just wanna sing along!
chantrasta.gif
danceparty.gif

Morning all, had a long day yesterday finishing up some landscaping (the technical term for digging like a navvy) and can certainly feel it today. On the plus side I managed to finally get our little polytunnel up, and today I get to chill a bit so all's well.
View attachment 563189
Hope you're all good and enjoying the bud
I second what the tin man said... Good morning all

DSCN0430.JPG
Okay for all of you that requested pictures of my last grow here you are . What !! no body requested a picture ?? Well you got it anyhow . :biggrin: This is one of 8 Think Different . My ego needs a boost tell me it looks fantastic :yay: Their a little on the short side but I think the pot size determined that and we will be up sizing the next go around next Oct . We've already started 3 Big Devils, 2 Toof Decays and 3 CBD's from Dinafem out side hoping that the weather will finally start to warm up .Oh yes and I do receive praise gracefully :toke:

Dab em if you got em!

tumblr_nll2qxRoFL1t11wf1o1_250.gif
flat,800x800,075,f.u5.jpg
tumblr_nll2qxRoFL1t11wf1o1_250.gif

Sadly I aint got em, so it back to the whipped cream in the under crackers, I suppose ho hum.

It's just not the same but it is a smooth, cool and creamy feeling/filling.
It seems to amuse the missus! :crying:

Breakfast is served my sweet.

Usijr1T.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back