Status
Not open for further replies.
That ad reminded me of the antique firearm that belonged to my mom that I'm trying to restore and make into a wall display piece. I haven't been able to find the ads, but it supposedly was also marketed as a good gun for kids as they could easily carry it along with them on their bicycles.

Here's an ad for it that I was able to track down.
View attachment 561723
Improved-Quackenbush-Bicycle-Rifle.jpg
854x480_735091.jpg

This one is a Marlin, but it shows how one carries a safety rifle on your bicycle.

Last edited:
Iver Johnson played up safety in all their ads as they invented the hammer action still used to this day on all firearms with an exposed hammer.

Here is the model that's in that old ad that I am going to replate.

20160502_094427-1.jpg

So a question on water.. What filters do you fine folks use for your water.. I buy water for my kind soil plants but would like to not have to do that anymore but the chlorine in our tap water will mess up the soil.
Hey!
Here is what I do. I used to have an RO system when I had reef tanks. RO wastes to much and is not needed for gardening so I removed all but the filter canisters. That left me with a triple filter cannister set-up. They are standard size10" so I use a cheap 1 micron string filter to get rid of sediments then a KX Matrix+CTO and then fianlly a KX MatriKX for chlorine and VOCs. This has been a rock solid filter system I use it for my garden and my kitchen where we cook and drink from it. For the kitchen it goes through a re-mineralising cartridge too.
You can put this together pretty inexpensively. Do what I do and add a tap at the sink and plumb your ice-maker too if you have one!

Hey!
Here is what I do. I used to have an RO system when I had reef tanks. RO wastes to much and is not needed for gardening so I removed all but the filter canisters. That left me with a triple filter cannister set-up. They are standard size10" so I use a cheap 1 micron string filter to get rid of sediments then a KX Matrix+CTO and then fianlly a KX MatriKX for chlorine and VOCs. This has been a rock solid filter system I use it for my garden and my kitchen where we cook and drink from it. For the kitchen it goes through a re-mineralising cartridge too.
You can put this together pretty inexpensively. Do what I do and add a tap at the sink and plumb your ice-maker too if you have one!
I am currently selling my house and moving to a new one and plan to make these upgrades when I move.. So thinking ahead.. Looking into a filter for the whole house as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back