Status
Not open for further replies.
Du Pont 7.jpg

5c800eeb069f0db7b9f04deba7b88fed.jpg

video not available in my country :(

Sorry about that. It's a clip from the show "Last Man Standing" with Tim Allen's character Mike cleaning an old musket in the dining room when his wife Vanessa is passing through the room:

Vanessa: What are you doing?
Mike: Cleaning a flintlock musket from the revolutionary war while enjoying a little bacon and biscuits. This is what our forefathers died for.
Vanessa:Can't you do that in your den?
Mike: The bill of rights says I can do this wherever I want to do this.
Vanessa: Really? Well, what if your 2-year-old grandson walked in here?
Mike: And overpowers me?
Vanessa: Your back could be turned. You could be reaching for a piece of bacon.
Mike: Yeah. He could grab the musket out of my hand, shove me to the ground, pour the correct amount of powder in here, take the ramrod, jam it down there, get a musket ball, put that in there, take the ramrod back out, jam that down there, half-cock it, put a percussion cap in there, fully cock the thing, and somehow shoot me in the foot.

Vanessa: Just keep the safety on.

Mike: Honey, this whole gun is a safety. It's a miracle we're not speaking British right now.

Old guns reminded me of the scene. The "This whole gun is a safety" line cracks me up.

Nice vid Arty.
Reminds me of the Dr.Pepper concerts at Wolman Rink in Central Park iduring the summers of the late 70's early 80's. Saw some damn fine shows and the concession vendors skated up and down the aisles. They were just as good if not better skaters and dressed about the same too!!
Cool memory indeed. The outdoors on a warm summers eve, ythe backdrop of the sun setting on the skyscrapers, getting buzzed, enjoying some BB King, Joe Jackson, Spiro Gyra, Edgar Winter, etc... Ahhh what fun.

@Ozone69

That was really funny.:rofl:

I'm gonna reprint just in case anyone missed it.

Vanessa: What are you doing?

Mike: Cleaning a flintlock musket from the revolutionary war while enjoying a little bacon and biscuits. This is what our forefathers died for.

Vanessa:Can't you do that in your den?

Mike: The bill of rights says I can do this wherever I want to do this.

Vanessa: Really? Well, what if your 2-year-old grandson walked in here?

Mike: And overpowers me?

Vanessa: Your back could be turned. You could be reaching for a piece of bacon.

Mike: Yeah. He could grab the musket out of my hand, shove me to the ground, pour the correct amount of powder in here, take the ramrod, jam it down there, get a musket ball, put that in there, take the ramrod back out, jam that down there, half-cock it, put a percussion cap in there, fully cock the thing, and somehow shoot me in the foot.

Vanessa: Just keep the safety on.

Mike: Honey, this whole gun is a safety. It's a miracle we're not speaking British right now.:crying::bighug::pass:

Nice vid Arty.
Reminds me of the Dr.Pepper concerts at Wolman Rink in Central Park iduring the summers of the late 70's early 80's. Saw some damn fine shows and the concession vendors skated up and down the aisles. They were just as good if not better skaters and dressed about the same too!!
Cool memory indeed. The outdoors on a warm summers eve, ythe backdrop of the sun setting on the skyscrapers, getting buzzed, enjoying some BB King, Joe Jackson, Spiro Gyra, Edgar Winter, etc... Ahhh what fun.
awesome wwwillie :) that sounds really cool!

I would love to witness that too, lots of fun!!
14823406577_40949041b4_b.jpg

I had to find a picture of the sun setting behind the skyscrapers from central park, it is pretty spectacular!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back