Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey sinister :)

I did a little look round and found some helpful stuff concerning cannabis and cva.
Here's a link to where I posted it in the med section. - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/cannabis-and-cerebrovascular-accident-stroke.52172/

thank you very much i think i found what i was looking for

allthough i might have to read it like 5-10 times to fully understand it, it is very usefull as it also talks about the dangers and even causing strokes if administering cannabis. however i do think that has to do with thc and less with the cbd wich i think might be beneficial and think it might be good to look more into that matter.. also this part is mostly about a cva that is ischemic meaning caused by a blocade and my FIL had a HS stroke wich means an artery ruptured so not sure what the differences are there eithe so id have to look into that too

on a last note i saw tht piece of information was copied from another website .. from sensi seeds of wich i just spoke.. hehehe how small can the world be??? i just love it ;)

thx again for all the help i think ill be able to make myself a bit more knowledgable so a big :thanks: amd a :greenthumb:for the quick help guys very much apreciated

@HashMaster thank you very much for that information... unfortunatly this research only includes what it does if either aministerred before or very shortly after the stroke...

do you also know if there is a study on what the effects of cbd are on a person who has has a couple of strokes and allready has the symptoms like loss of speech. motoristic problems, and a couple of other symptoms that are common after strokes...

reason i ask is that my father in law is such a case and i just think he isnt looked after the right way by his (64 yr old and very conservative) dokter...

i just feel for the man cause he is living a life in his chair and had a realy active (mostly gardening) life and seeing him hurting like this and not beeing able to express himself.. i was there to visit him today and i just have to see if i can do anything for him..
he is a good man and deserves a chance. so if there is any chance he might gain some of his motoristics back or at least be able to talk again would be worth for me to try and help this man

hope you or anyone else knows if there is a place i might fing more and indepth information/research on this subject.

Yes, I know. But extrapolate from there.

You won't find any conclusive studies out there for any stage. At least I didn't back when I first started looking into it.

thank you very much i think i found what i was looking for

allthough i might have to read it like 5-10 times to fully understand it, it is very usefull as it also talks about the dangers and even causing strokes if administering cannabis. however i do think that has to do with thc and less with the cbd wich i think might be beneficial and think it might be good to look more into that matter.. also this part is mostly about a cva that is ischemic meaning caused by a blocade and my FIL had a HS stroke wich means an artery ruptured so not sure what the differences are there eithe so id have to look into that too

on a last note i saw tht piece of information was copied from another website .. from sensi seeds of wich i just spoke.. hehehe how small can the world be??? i just love it ;)

thx again for all the help i think ill be able to make myself a bit more knowledgable so a big :thanks: amd a :greenthumb:for the quick help guys very much apreciated
My pleasure Sinister.
It was a a fairly quick look at the interweb, to really get down to the nitty gritty and find specific data would take a bit more time , especially as there is always so much to read with indepth medical reports.

I however will endeavor to find something a bit more specific in respect to the cbd cva relationship but might take a while.

If you happen to find something pertinent in the mean time, could you post it in the med section, that way we cab build up some really good info.
Thanks bro

Arty

Last edited:
we love this place
so do I ;)
Yes, I know. But extrapolate from there.

You won't find any conclusive studies out there for any stage. At least I didn't back when I first started looking into it.

i just started today with my search cause i didnt know exactly what he had but i had my mother in law write it down for me today so i could search for it..
i will try to find as much as i can so i ccan tell him to talk to a (different) dokter about this and if it would be worth the shot. even if in the end i am just looking for hours and hours and reading loads of it and not beeing able to help after all is worth the trouble every bit if there is just a little chance it might help him after all.

I'm suppose to ask for a badge. Thanks :biggrin:
I'm guessing that badge is a "Fat Kitty Rep" badge.

Well done for reaching 1000 reps Auto
clicking-your-heels-smiley-emoticon.gif

so do I ;)

i just started today with my search cause i didnt know exactly what he had but i had my mother in law write it down for me today so i could search for it..
i will try to find as much as i can so i ccan tell him to talk to a (different) dokter about this and if it would be worth the shot. even if in the end i am just looking for hours and hours and reading loads of it and not beeing able to help after all is worth the trouble every bit if there is just a little chance it might help him after all.

The problem your going to run into (besides lack of conclusive evidence) is first hand knowledge does you virtually no good.

What works for me could kill him.

I could attach 2 pics here if I wanted.

The first would show the 21 different prescription bottles I have that I'm supposed to take, the second would show the 6 I actually take and a 3/4 full mason jar.

But like I said, what works for one can kill another.... far too many variables involved.

And it sucks big time being in this same boat but not being able to help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back