Status
Not open for further replies.
Pull up the original 2012 study on CB1 & CB2, and also the 2014 animal study mentioned here:

https://www.whaxy.com/learn/does-cannabis-help-stroke-victims

:cheers:

@HashMaster thank you very much for that information... unfortunatly this research only includes what it does if either aministerred before or very shortly after the stroke...

do you also know if there is a study on what the effects of cbd are on a person who has has a couple of strokes and allready has the symptoms like loss of speech. motoristic problems, and a couple of other symptoms that are common after strokes...

reason i ask is that my father in law is such a case and i just think he isnt looked after the right way by his (64 yr old and very conservative) dokter...

i just feel for the man cause he is living a life in his chair and had a realy active (mostly gardening) life and seeing him hurting like this and not beeing able to express himself.. i was there to visit him today and i just have to see if i can do anything for him..
he is a good man and deserves a chance. so if there is any chance he might gain some of his motoristics back or at least be able to talk again would be worth for me to try and help this man

hope you or anyone else knows if there is a place i might fing more and indepth information/research on this subject.

I'd hit the medical area and PM Root. She is stellar at med side of cannabis!

thx i will have a look there and see if i can find anything

Hello there :) I'm sorry I don't have any proven knowledge about CVA and CBD but theoretically I would say that Cannabis might help but not like it does with seizures. Unlike siezures (which is an over activity in the brain) CVA is a brain injury caused by a lack of blood flow to the brain. Sort of like a heart attack in your brain. I can't imagine that the ani-inflamitory qualities of THC/CBD couldn't be beneficial. But I wouldn't recommend experimenting with Cannibas after a CVA since the patient will be on some seriouse medication, and I wouldn't take the risk of potentially interfering with known treatments. Not saying that modern medication is the only answer but right now not enough research has been done. Sorry I can't help more but that is my 2 cents.
Good vibes to you!!

apreciate your concerns and i would never experiment on him offcoarse...
also i live in holland so i can get to hemp (less then 0.1%THC) fairly easy as its grown all around here and i also worked at a factory where they produce pet shop products from hemp called hempflax(its a concern owned by ben dronkers, the owner of sensi seeds if im not mistaken) i could just go to my old coleagues there and theyd hand me like a garbage bag full of buds im sure.. so the thc dilemma is allready solved ;)

hi all,
i have a question for medical patients..
my question is if cdb also has beneficial influence after a cerebro vascular accident...

i thought that because cbd also is usefull for other neurological complications it might also be good for cva...

hope anyone can point me into the right direction to search for answers cause i just cant find anything conclusive or indepth info on this

Hey sinister :)

I did a little look round and found some helpful stuff concerning cannabis and cva.
Here's a link to where I posted it in the med section. - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/cannabis-and-cerebrovascular-accident-stroke.52172/

Hello there :) I'm sorry I don't have any proven knowledge about CVA and CBD but theoretically I would say that Cannabis might help but not like it does with seizures. Unlike siezures (which is an over activity in the brain) CVA is a brain injury caused by a lack of blood flow to the brain. Sort of like a heart attack in your brain. I can't imagine that the ani-inflamitory qualities of THC/CBD couldn't be beneficial. But I wouldn't recommend experimenting with Cannibas after a CVA since the patient will be on some seriouse medication, and I wouldn't take the risk of potentially interfering with known treatments. Not saying that modern medication is the only answer but right now not enough research has been done. Sorry I can't help more but that is my 2 cents.
Good vibes to you!!

Good way to put it and also why I limited my response. I'm kept alive by all those damn pills.

thx i will have a look there and see if i can find anything

apreciate your concerns and i would never experiment on him offcoarse...
also i live in holland so i can get to hemp (less then 0.1%THC) fairly easy as its grown all around here and i also worked at a factory where they produce pet shop products from hemp called hempflax(its a concern owned by ben dronkers, the owner of sensi seeds if im not mistaken) i could just go to my old coleagues there and theyd hand me like a garbage bag full of buds im sure.. so the thc dilemma is allready solved ;)

Time will tell what he will get back and what will be permanent. Recovery from CVA is a marathon, not a sprint.

Unfortunately right now there just isn't any proven information and I would be concerned about inadvertently interfering with his healing. But that is just me, and you will have to make that call yourself.
On the positive side he has the love and support of his family which is huge!! His life is already better because people love and care for him. It is tough to see someone you love go through this and I would suggest a support group for families of stroke patients. I would bet you will find some valuable guidance and information from there. :bighug:

I'd rep ya @arty zan but I gotta spread it around a bit! :slap: Best I can do for now!
Thanks Bri :) I appreciate the thought and you've been more than generous repping me :D!
Rep is nice to get but is never why I post anything, the rep slap sticker is plenty my friend and the feeling of a warm heart and a smile on my face is the biggest reward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back