Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a few more but still just a teaser,u hated when my wife would put a plant in my stereo speakers,I would load up the bass and shake em off..(that was before I took a liking to that type of gardening) ..that terrier in the pic tops my plants for me,I have a couple labs that defoliate View attachment 557375View attachment 557376
dog crew searching and destroying, lol

Blooming heck is it really lmao!

Thanks for letting us know Krug.

Heres the blurb on the legend for those who don't know the story......

4England-Flag.gif~c200
The Story of St.George & The Dragon
4England-Flag.gif~c200

The most famous legend of Saint George is of him slaying a dragon. In the Middle Ages the dragon was commonly used to represent the Devil. The slaying of the dragon by St George was first credited to him in the twelfth century, long after his death. It is therefore likely that the many stories connected with St George's name are fictitious.

There are many versions of story of St George slaying the dragon, but most agree on the following:

1. A town was terrorised by a dragon.
  2. A young princess was offered to the dragon
  3. When George heard about this he rode into the village
  4. George slayed the dragon and rescued the princess
The Legend of St. George and the Dragon

stgeorge.jpg
St. George travelled for many months by land and sea until he came to Libya. Here he met a poor hermit who told him that everyone in that land was in great distress, for a dragon had long ravaged the country.

'Every day,' said the old man, 'he demands the sacrifice of a beautiful maiden and now all the young girls have been killed. The king's daughter alone remains, and unless we can find a knight who can slay the dragon she will be sacrificed tomorrow. The king of Egypt will give his daughter in marriage to the champion who overcomes this terrible monster.'

When St. George heard this story, he was determined to try and save the princess, so he rested that night in the hermit's hut, and at daybreak set out to the valley where the dragon lived. When he drew near he saw a little procession of women, headed by a beautiful girl dressed in pure Arabian silk. The princess Sabra was being led by her attendants to the place of death. The knight spurred his horse and overtook the ladies. He comforted them with brave words and persuaded the princess to return to the palace. Then he entered the valley.

pic.jpg
As soon as the dragon saw him it rushed from its cave, roaring with a sound louder than thunder. Its head was immense and its tail fifty feet long. But St. George was not afraid. He struck the monster with his spear, hoping he would wound it.

festival.jpg
The dragon's scales were so hard that the spear broke into a thousand pieces. and St. George fell from his horse. Fortunately he rolled under an enchanted orange tree against which poison could not prevail, so that the venomous dragon was unable to hurt him. Within a few minutes he had recovered his strength and was able to fight again.

sword.jpg

He smote the beast with his sword, but the dragon poured poison on him and his armour split in two. Once more he refreshed himself from the orange tree and then, with his sword in his hand, he rushed at the dragon and pierced it under the wing where there were no scales, so that it fell dead at his feet.

dragon.jpg

Of course any Dragons here abouts are blooming lovely and should not be hurt in any way!!
Or you might find a boot in your arse!​
dragon poachers will be driven off with blazing torches, and swirling clouds of smoke

3 New Spiky, Colorful ‘Dwarf Dragon’ Lizard Species Discovered in South America’s Andes

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/24849...rd-species-discovered-south.htm#ixzz46g2YJmtm

"dwarf dragon" lizard (Photo : Facebook)

Scientists have recently found 3 new species of woodlizards, or "dwarf dragons" in South America's Andes. It is a mystery that the spiky lizards in Peru and Ecuador were not discovered until now, considering they are some of the biggest and most colorful lizards living in the region.

Scientists accidentally discovered the new lizard species during expeditions in the Tropical Andes. The region is extremely rich in biodiversity.

After examining the DNA of several specimens, researchers concluded that the species of woodlizards were indeed new. Cross-referencing their samples with samples of several other countries' natural history museums verified this fact.

As of 2006, only six woodlizard species had been located on Earth. When including the newest discovery, that number has jumped to 15.

Omar Torres-Carvajal of Museo de Zoología explained in a press release that the number of known woodlizard species during the past couple of years had doubled. This showed that the diversity of the reptiles had been "underestimated."

Woodlizards (Enyalioides) are diurnal, or active during the daytime. They usually live in lowland tropical rainforests, and cloud forests.

The newest discovery was made in cloud forests. Suchhigh-altitude forests are constantly covered in fog and mist, creating an unearthly environment that is rich in biological diversity.

The woodlizards are also known as "dwarf dragons" due to their exploring eyes, highly pattered skin, and rows of spike-like scales, according to Live Science. Woodlizards usually grow to be within the range of 3 to 6 inches (7 to 15 centimeters) long.

The dwarf dragons are some of the biggest lizards living in the Amazon rainforest, according to Nature World News. However, in spite of their huge size, the lizards' bright colors and patterns serve as camouflage.

The three newly discovered woodlizard species are unique from their relatives in terms of their coloration and how their scales are arranged. Also, their DNA differs.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/24849...rd-species-discovered-south.htm#ixzz46g2QWAh1

Here's another little mini-dragon...a green one to complement the red guy. This one is species Draco Maximus or "Giant Flying Dragon". Something tells me there was once a much larger, and truly "giant" flying lizard that inspired ancient stories of dragons.

d50fdcad71ce3e1cef1640fa7e9f78c7.jpg

This is a "Purple Horned Winged Lizard"....he looks like a mini dragon, I love it!!

8011df2d66d6c22c3ccddecc2b590e62.jpg

Little Armadillo Lizard ... It looks like a dragon
little beauties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back