Status
Not open for further replies.
Have never had the pleasure, but would love it as me and the wife are great cheese lovers, have got three different flavored Dutch cheeses we picked up while over there Basil, Chilli and Garlic, needless to say there is not much left lol.
I'm a big cheese lover, and when in Arnhem we went to the market there.

It was amazing so much fresh fruit and veg of the highest order and displayed beautifully.

Then we came to a cheese stall with massive wheels of cheese, we had stopped a little earlier at the "Speak Easy" coffee shop and were nicely toasted on some SuperSkunk which was anew strain at the time (early 90's).

The trip to the Nederlands was a spur of the moment affair, literally bought ferry tickets , packed camping gear and set off in the car.

So there I was in Arnhem (near the German boarder) and unlike Amsterdam where almost everyone speaks English, Arnhem was almost exclusively Dutch speaking.

I had no idea how to say a quarter kilo or 250 Grams and was to stoned to play the game of charades for a piece of cheese, so I ordered "Een Kilo" lmao not ideal when camping in a tent in a baking hot summer lol.

Here's a few of the plants I've been nursing under the artificial sun...and of course the window sill garden ...geraniums, pontsettas ,chia grass,potatoes ,violets ,red and green peppers,and poppiesthe list goes on...come on growing season...that geranium made regular appearances in one of my threads,the pic don't even do it justice,but it started out like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree....View attachment 557366View attachment 557367 View attachment 557368View attachment 557369

Congrats on nursing that geranium back to health, think that's more than Charlie Brown would have managed!

I managed to do nine months of the paleo diet but fell of the horse so to speak at Christmas, gonna give another go soon.

One of the things that popped up was Chia and it's weird gelling properties. Is the Chia grass the same plant?

On the top window shelf I'm seeing two Christmas cactus plants and the plant in the middle we used to call "Donkeys Ears", dunno what it's real name is.

On the bottom shelf is that a sweet potato? Are you growing for slips or will you plant the whole thing?

Last edited:
Thanks for the rep n love everybody..!!:vibe: im still riding the 420 vibe,, will it ever end?!
Wow my buttcheeks are real sore, but i like it!! If i saw it commin i would have made myself ready :kiss:
just because of that im gonna share a picture of my livingroom. I thought that i like my garden so much, why not bring it indoors...?!:shrug:
20160423_174020.jpg

Peace n love!!!

Congrats on nursing that geranium back to health, think that's more than Charlie Brown would have managed!

I managed to do nine months of the paleo diet but fell of the horse so to speak at Christmas, gonna give another go soon.

On of the things that popped up was Chia and it's weird gelling properties. Is the Chia grass the same plant?

On the top window shelf I'm seeing two Christmas cactus plants and the plant in the middle we used to call "Donkeys Ears", dunno what it's real name is.

On the bottom shelf is that a sweet potato? Are you growing for slips or will you plant the whole thing?
On the potato,yes plant the whole thing,,the grass things I'm not sure if they are called chia,there is some reg grass in three of them ,,yes cacti and a few others,it really is like a jungle in this house,mostly cause my wife's likes,but I help her and she helps me,she don't smoke( I take her share..lol)..ill send a few more in a sec

Wow ChillFred !
I've heard of bringing the outside indoors but never to this extent.
I'm wondering where the water feature is going?
You know what would look nice, is a pergola arch where the dividing wall use to be.
Ok you know I'm just playing but would love to hear what the general plan is?

Here's a few more but still just a teaser,u hated when my wife would put a plant in my stereo speakers,I would load up the bass and shake em off..(that was before I took a liking to that type of gardening) ..that terrier in the pic tops my plants for me,I have a couple labs that defoliate
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

On the potato,yes plant the whole thing,,the grass things I'm not sure if they are called chia,there is some reg grass in three of them ,,yes cacti and a few others,it really is like a jungle in this house,mostly cause my wife's likes,but I help her and she helps me,she don't smoke( I take her share..lol)..ill send a few more in a sec
Sweet brother :D love to see peoples green fingers whith other plants as well as canna.
Total respect to your lady, I got to admire women who are ok with their blokes grow and using cannabis, truly remarkable people.
I've always said I would only date/be a relationship with women who toke/vape and it has always worked for me.
To find a woman who doesn't smoke and doesn't you smoking is a wonderful thing.

@arty zan Well... long story short, right before my son was born me and his mother lost our apartment due to our contract expiring. I had some money saved up, enough to buy this house... but we were desperate and in a hurry so we had no time to wait but the location was perfect. I saw right away that A LOT of work will have to be done eventually...
It worked to live in as an emergency for some time but i knew there were serious mold issues... and thats where we're at. But its worse than i had ever expected, and gonna cost a lot more than my first estimate... BUT im still positive, cuz its in a beautiful old neighborhood and when i get this house fixed it will be worth much more than what ive invested for it.

Here's a few more but still just a teaser,u hated when my wife would put a plant in my stereo speakers,I would load up the bass and shake em off..(that was before I took a liking to that type of gardening) ..that terrier in the pic tops my plants for me,I have a couple labs that defoliate View attachment 557375View attachment 557376

That's funny about your dogs (well not really, if their your plants).

The stereo speakers, now I totally get that I've got a couple of floor standers one either side of my couch, and people just want to put cups of tea on them!:yoinks: no no no I don't want cup rings on my veneer lol.

Now I'm thinking the tall plant is a weeping fig and I see some hyacinths but haven't got a clue about the trailing one?

@arty zan Well... long story short, right before my son was born me and his mother lost our apartment due to our contract expiring. I had some money saved up, enough to buy this house... but we were desperate and in a hurry so we had no time to wait but the location was perfect. I saw right away that A LOT of work will have to be done eventually...
It worked to live in as an emergency for some time but i knew there were serious mold issues... and thats where we're at. But its worse than i had ever expected, and gonna cost a lot more than my first estimate... BUT im still positive, cuz its in a beautiful old neighborhood and when i get this house fixed it will be worth much more than what ive invested for it.
Awesome bro, sounds like it's gonna take a bit of sweat and possibly a few more bucks but you'll come out on top in the end.

I love stories like that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back