Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacon n tatty scone weekend lunch nom nom
15164514173552001727231.jpg

What' up ladies and gent... no pic still bc I'm lazy lol.. do however have a question for all of you outdoorsman..

What to you all do with the heart of the deer you harvest?

This weekend my uncle and I went a step further than tossing this muscle. We have been seeing ways to cook the heart buy I could never get my mind around eating heart... BUT BUT BUT.... this is a wonderful peice of meat. We cleaned one of the hearts up and sliced it about 1/2 in thick cuts and ran it through the curing machine. Then added flour salt and pepper and fried it up and had deer heart and cheese buscuits.. I'll tell ya now do not toss the hearts. The meat was tender and TASTY.... very nice cut on a deer. It rivals the inner loins for breakfast meat cuts.

What' up ladies and gent... no pic still bc I'm lazy lol.. do however have a question for all of you outdoorsman..

What to you all do with the heart of the deer you harvest?

This weekend my uncle and I went a step further than tossing this muscle. We have been seeing ways to cook the heart buy I could never get my mind around eating heart... BUT BUT BUT.... this is a wonderful peice of meat. We cleaned one of the hearts up and sliced it about 1/2 in thick cuts and ran it through the curing machine. Then added flour salt and pepper and fried it up and had deer heart and cheese buscuits.. I'll tell ya now do not toss the hearts. The meat was tender and TASTY.... very nice cut on a deer. It rivals the inner loins for breakfast meat cuts.
We normally cut up in small cubes/strips then into a cast iron skillet with onions, potatoes. Slap that on a tortilla and some hot sauce as we sit around the campfire in hunting camp.

We normally cut up in small cubes/strips then into a cast iron skillet with onions, potatoes. Slap that on a tortilla and some hot sauce as we sit around the campfire in hunting camp.

That' another great idea. I had no idea how good it would be. I know some can' get their head around eating a heart. I thought it would be irony like live but then after thinking about it. It' Only a muscle. And not much fat on the does at all so really a prime cut. I have 2 in the cooler now. Probably make heart jerky out of it.

I take it and cubes it in small cubes and also with tenderloin back strap cube it and make a slow cooker deer chilli with it. But my favorite is like you say only I soak mine in buttermilk over night with fresh cracked pepper✌️ then pan fry with a Garlic toast and fresh tomatoes sliced thick for sides

I take it and cubes it in small cubes and also with tenderloin back strap cube it and make a slow cooker deer chilli with it. But my favorite is like you say only I soak mine in buttermilk over night with fresh cracked pepper✌️ then pan fry with a Garlic toast and fresh tomatoes sliced thick for sides

Need to try the buttermilk deal. I can'
Believe so many of you knew about this but didn' tell me lolol

Need to try the buttermilk deal. I can'
Believe so many of you knew about this but didn' tell me lolol
First kill it's a must to taste the heart that's how I was raised but most these country numbs around me just toss it, myself I waist nothing lol except pigs feet and ears lol but the deer I like all of it that edible!!! I even love goat meat and milk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back