Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Waira like a charm lol

IMG_8990.jpg

:welcome: GG#6, what's good mate? You are quite welcome, on both accounts :cheers: Now pass me a plate of that UK classic my man, it looks delish'!:drool:

:woohoo1: Don't you love it when a plan comes together?! :crying: ---- A-T' don't stare at them like that for long, they are rather smart, and they may get a dubious vibe from you,...:tang::wiz: :haha:

They already know... the black one bit my fucking ankle today.... trying to feed her and she bit me.... yep.. bacon sammich time lol

@Castle Grown the brown one is the ceremonial pig.... the first football game of the season she will be cooked in the ground..

The black one is our meat hog. She will be grown to 250 the slaughtered for meat. My buddy and i split 1 a year

:drool: :clapper: :vibe: gahhhh, you bass-turd! --look at that pull-away from the bones,... and lovely lovely baste glazing! :d5: ... me belleh is barking now....:rofl:

They already know... the black one bit my fucking ankle today.... trying to feed her and she bit me.... yep.. bacon sammich time lol

@Castle Grown the brown one is the ceremonial pig.... the first football game of the season she will be cooked in the ground..

The black one is our meat hog. She will be grown to 250 the slaughtered for meat. My buddy and i split 1 a year
I would raise some hogs,but as large as the healthy ones get, they'd throw my ass around the stall. A sow over 300 lb is a sight. I do learn about the heritage breeds though, the smaller ones found in localized areas across Europe which don't look much larger than a small dog at full size. Those are definitely maneagable, but folks I live with do not agree with some homesteading and self-reliance ideology. No matter, this will be the first season I attempt to raise some kind of poultry. I learn alot from people and as far as bang for buck, and ease of handling, the duck is what I am leaning towards. Seeing their eggs compared to quail kinda sealed it.

We hunt quail often so theres no shortage there. The dove season here is awesome so i bag a few hundred for the freezer and a good cookout. The half a hog does my family for most of yhe year on pork if there taken at the right time. The 250 to 275 range gives a good fat to meat ratio. The 300 plus girls are a little high on the fat content. The chickens only provide us with eggs. I dont keep enough to be eating as much chicken as we consume. Those things accompanied with the deer i take each year and we dont buy a bunch from the stores.

Between myself and my hog raising partner both having large gardens we have a hefty haul of any veggie you could want. We eat all we can pickle enough to make it through the year and give the rest to family and friends.

I duck hunt also but i really just dont care gor the duck meat. It has to be done right for me to even want to eat it so if someone wants it i give it away .

I try not to rely on the grocery store as much as possible but the money consumed by all my hobbies we save a little but still a good food bill lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back