Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
KFC:biggrin:
20181115_114656.jpg

Hey low. So....what's the deal with hot dogs where y'all are from? Here in upstate NY we take our dogs serious. No Ballpark or Oscar Meyers here...well they exist here, but in Rochester it's all about Zweigles for the most part. Super premium pork and beef hot dogs in natural casings. Across NY there is a hot dog war between the big three. To the west in Buffalo there is Sahlen's and to the east in Syracuse is Hoffman. All three are phenomenal, but I'm a Zweigles kid at heart. They are right in town and I have been eating em since I can remember. I know big league ballparks are a good spot for dogs, but how's it in your town specifically? Armour, Sabrett, Hebew National? If anyone is interested, Zweigles ships worldwide from their website and I can almost guarantee it will be the best dog you've EVER had.

I scored some bakery hot dog rolls from the local hypermart, grilled a whole onion, and loaded that bitch up with my 4 bean chilli. Served that with some Basil Pesto shells. Bestest chillidog I've had yet. It's the rolls, as I've done homemade chilli dogs at least 15 times.

https://zweigles.com/
7eafae713bdef662a2802a4b061a2b03.jpg
8e435feb3c46a0ff2a939ba5809998f5.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Chili Verde

This is one of those meals with just a few ingredients. It is all about how you cook it that makes or breaks it.

Back in the old days Ortega used to make a fire roasted Anaheim canned chili. They are steamed now with very poor flavor. So the first thing you have to do is fire roast your peppers. I use a large gas burner camp stove in my back yard to burn the outside of the peppers. Then peel, stem and seed them. I use pork butt pick one with good firm back fat - not squishy.

Here are the simple ingredients:

10 - 12 lbs. of pork shoulder butt cut into 1/2" cubes (leave about 10% of the fat)
1 brown onion diced
2 Jalapeño peppers quartered - optional
35 - 40 fire roasted peppers cut into 1/2" strips
2 Tbsp. flour
1 [HASHTAG]#10[/HASHTAG] tin of diced tomatoes.
salt to taste

The secret is in the cooking. Throw the pork into a heavy bottom pot with the Jalapeño pepper and cook until it starts to fry. Throw in the onion and brown until there is a nice brown coating on the bottom of the pot ( most people ignore the browning and this is critical). Stir in the flour. Pour in the diced tomato, de-glaze the pot and bring to a simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes until the tomato gets sweet. Salt to taste. Add the chili strips and bring back to a boil. Serve with fresh cooked buttered flour tortillas.

Chicharrones:
Take all of the solid fat trim (a little meat is good) cut into 1/2" cubes and cook over low heat until golden brown. Keep lowering the heat as they cook so they don't burn. Drain on paper towels and lightly salt. Eat while still hot. If you have never done this you are in for a treat.

Some things to know: When the pork and onion are cooked before you add the flour, Pull some out and eat in a rolled up flour tortilla. Make green chili Verde with Tomatillos (use no flour) instead of tomato.

View attachment 974072 View attachment 974073 View attachment 974074 View attachment 974075 View attachment 974076 View attachment 974077 View attachment 974078 View attachment 974079 View attachment 974080 View attachment 974081 View attachment 974082 View attachment 974083 View attachment 974084
That looks kill.....I love going the extra mile, its totally worth the effort most of the time. Looks spectacular bro.

Hey low. So....what's the deal with hot dogs where y'all are from? Here in upstate NY we take our dogs serious. No Ballpark or Oscar Meyers here...well they exist here, but in Rochester it's all about Zweigles for the most part. Super premium pork and beef hot dogs in natural casings. Across NY there is a hot dog war between the big three. To the west in Buffalo there is Sahlen's and to the east in Syracuse is Hoffman. All three are phenomenal, but I'm a Zweigles kid at heart. They are right in town and I have been eating em since I can remember. I know big league ballparks are a good spot for dogs, but how's it in your town specifically? Armour, Sabrett, Hebew National? If anyone is interested, Zweigles ships worldwide from their website and I can almost guarantee it will be the best dog you've EVER had.

I scored some bakery hot dog rolls from the local hypermart, grilled a whole onion, and loaded that bitch up with my 4 bean chilli. Served that with some Basil Pesto shells. Bestest chillidog I've had yet. It's the rolls, as I've done homemade chilli dogs at least 15 times.

https://zweigles.com/
7eafae713bdef662a2802a4b061a2b03.jpg
8e435feb3c46a0ff2a939ba5809998f5.jpg

I love chili cheese dogs. I cannot do beef or pork so chicken or turkey it is. When I ate beef and pork it was Nathan's here in California.

The meal prep for Thanksgiving begins. The shopping is done. The one and only High Carbohydrate course this year will be a pecan pie. I am a diabetic so no potato of any kind. I could do the mashed cauliflower substitution but not this time. There will be a little wheat flour in the gravy and the sugar in the cranberries. I only eat a tablespoon of cranberry sauce as I prefer gravy on my turkey. We will just be the two of us this year as many family members are spread out over the state with other in-laws etc. We got an 8 pound organic bird at Whole Foods and I will cook it on the Weber with apple wood smoke. I stuff it very loosely with a piece of organic apple and a drenching Of Pinot Gregio. The pie just came out of the oven. It smells so good, sinful like a pie that can kill me:haha:.

pecan pie.jpg

Oops I forgot about the sour dough bread stuffing. I knew there were more carbs in this meal, I make the dressing in big batches and then freeze it in 4 serving portions. Just put in a chafing dish moisten with a little chicken stock and some white wine and pop into the oven. Easy Peasy.

Turkey Dressing

Uncooked ingredients:

Sour dough bread 2 loaves cut in cubes (stale is best)

2 cups Celery diced

1 bunch Parsley chopped

8 Eggs hard boiled chopped

2 cans Green Olives - drained

¼ C white wine or more

Moisten with chicken stock

Cooked ingredients:

2# ground chuck

1# ground pork

2 brown onions diced

Poultry seasoning 1-1/2 Tbls. ( Bell’s Brand a must)

1 stick Nuco Brand Margarine

1-1/4 cups red wine vinegar

Salt and pepper to taste.

Method:

Cook beef, pork and onions until just cooked through 145°F add Poultry Season, margarine, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Let this cool completely.

In a large bowl mix the cooked meat, bread, celery, parsley, eggs and olives sprinkling white wine as you go.

To heat for serving fill a chafing pan with the mixture moisten with chicken stock and heat until browned on top (whatever else is in the oven can dictate the temperature or 375°F is good.)

I never stuff the bird it is just too risky.

Cranberry Sauce

INGREDIENTS

· 1 cup (240 mil) ruby red port

· 6 cups fresh cranberries (1-1/2 pounds/680 g), picked over and rinsed

· 1-1/2 cups (263 g) granulated sugar (I use 1/3 less)

· 2 tablespoons fine orange zest

· 1/4 teaspoon salt

PREPARATION

1. In a large skillet, bring the port to a boil over high heat. Add the cranberries and cook, stirring, until they begin to pop, about 5 minutes.

2. Add the sugar, orange zest and salt and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture returns to a simmer, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool before serving. Garnish with strips of orange zest.

INGREDIENTS How I make it

· 1 cup (240 mil) ruby red port

· 6 cups fresh cranberries (1-1/2 pounds/680 g), picked over and rinsed

· Juice of the Orange

· 1 cups (263 g) granulated sugar

· 2 tablespoons fine orange zest

· 1/4 teaspoon salt

PREPARATION

1. In a large skillet, bring the port and orange juice to a boil over high heat. Add the cranberries and cook, stirring, until they begin to pop, about 5 minutes.

2. Add the sugar, orange zest and salt and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture returns to a simmer, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool before serving. Garnish with strips of orange zest.

Here’s our menu:

Deep fried turkey
Honey glazed ham
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes w/ marshmallows
Cornbread stuffing
Turkey gravy
Green bean casserole
Cheese grits casserole
Salad
Crescent rolls
Pecan pie
Pumpkin pie
Apple pie
Whip cream

The meal prep for Thanksgiving begins. The shopping is done. The one and only High Carbohydrate course this year will be a pecan pie. I am a diabetic so no potato of any kind. I could do the mashed cauliflower substitution but not this time. There will be a little wheat flour in the gravy and the sugar in the cranberries. I only eat a tablespoon of cranberry sauce as I prefer gravy on my turkey. We will just be the two of us this year as many family members are spread out over the state with other in-laws etc. We got an 8 pound organic bird at Whole Foods and I will cook it on the Weber with apple wood smoke. I stuff it very loosely with a piece of organic apple and a drenching Of Pinot Gregio. The pie just came out of the oven. It smells so good, sinful like a pie that can kill me:haha:.

View attachment 976807

Happy Thanksgiving! I’m diabetic as well (diagnoses last year) but I can’t resist all the goodies on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Lol! You’re the smart one. I wish I had your discipline! Have a great day, brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back