Live Stoners Live Stoner Eats !!! Let's See what's for Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of you guys over in the EU today. Been binging on Banged Up Abroad on YouTube (It's the European version of Locked Up Abroad on Nat Geo, usually about folks getting caught smuggling one of two highly valuable powders) and it turns out the word of the day is "Dodgy". I have heard that word over a dozen times today from this show. Even Nurse B heard it and repeated it, saying how much she appreciates the word, and why don't we use words like that? I don't think I've ever used it in my life, but I'm gonna make a serious effort in attempting to make it part of my vocabulary.

On a much tastier note, we made some hot Italian Sausages for supper with peppers n onions on potato rolls, and a homemade broccoli cream sauce noodle side along with a beer from the dodgy brewery down the road. Cheers.
e084d0baa1cc054c6ea3e41a9d787846.jpg
4e89ef0ccf4900b152d44d165d311457.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff
Mmmm that looks good. I might have to dig out the brats from the freezer now. We had fresh green beans from the garden cooked with some ham and a few potatoes and the last of the Tbone steaks on the grill as a thank you for getting enclosed patio deck pretty much all finished now.

Do you eat out every day? Reminds me of some of the authentic Chinese food from Chinatown in Toronto. Nothing like Chinese takeout. I was there for a couple months and tried all kinds of authentic Asian dishes. Half of them didn't even speak English so we had to do a lot of pointing....lol. Talk about some amazing food though.

Actually I am not very good at cooking, so I eat out most of the time. there are too many delicious dishes outside lol:biggrin:

I was thinking of you guys over in the EU today. Been binging on Banged Up Abroad on YouTube (It's the European version of Locked Up Abroad on Nat Geo, usually about folks getting caught smuggling one of two highly valuable powders) and it turns out the word of the day is "Dodgy". I have heard that word over a dozen times today from this show. Even Nurse B heard it and repeated it, saying how much she appreciates the word, and why don't we use words like that? I don't think I've ever used it in my life, but I'm gonna make a serious effort in attempting to make it part of my vocabulary.

On a much tastier note, we made some hot Italian Sausages for supper with peppers n onions on potato rolls, and a homemade broccoli cream sauce noodle side along with a beer from the dodgy brewery down the road. Cheers.
e084d0baa1cc054c6ea3e41a9d787846.jpg
4e89ef0ccf4900b152d44d165d311457.jpg

I like beer

I'll be having one of these if I can get the migraine to go away.
View attachment 948974
Sorry bro. I truly feel for ya, that's a whole day & night wrecker. I'm sure there is far nastier pain....but for normal cruise control that is some DODGY bullshit. You know you got a banger when you puke.

I freaking love me some Shock. Good choice my man. If ya wanna make your headache worse, try to fly an SR-71 at Mach 3 in the dark over the ocean. Just for fun...
f42008e2d6a9cf5f394f4e89af099083.jpg

GgMe too!! I see a lot of "family style" dishes....super cool.

I'm a talker. I decided to talk to you.

(Story Time. I wrote a book )
If ya don't care, just skip it...lol

It's a food story. Here is it:

My girl's RICH ass Florida pimp grandfather wanted to take the NY family out to dinner. He comes up twice a decade. We are okay I guess, but I am not particularly fond of the man, but that's a whole nother story. It's fucked too. We get a random text. It's Gramps....he is coming up, and asked me and Nurse B to pick a great restaurant...with a distinct hint at sit down Chinese food. I knew the place to go before I even finished reading the text. It's called the Royal Dynasty, and it's the best Chinese restaurant in the city of Rochester, (and anywhere else I've been) and has also won the Democratic & Chronicle's (local paper) best Chinese restaurant award for the past 15+ years running. There was exactly a dozen people total in our group. The plan was to meet in the parking lot at 5:45 pm...fifteen minutes before our reservation...and say hello and have a little smoke one sesh. Me and the sidekick got all dolled up and dressed to the eights. I don't have any Gucci or whatever, so we can't quite hit the magic nine...lol. We get there at 5:43 and pull in the back of the parking lot. I got a monster pipe packed of some RIDICULOUS Mephisto Sour Stomper and another nice bud of Grape Walker Kush on standby. My very best dope in the house for a special occasion. We see a few familiar cars and pull in....but....nobody's there?? What the FUCK?? I wanna smoke some phenomenal dope with my family and they are presumably inside already? Before the official meeting time?? Yeah....they were. Fifteen freakin minutes early!! I have been a loyal customer to this place since I was 14. I have tried at least half the dishes on the menu. Everything here is top notch fusion of traditional Chinese and take out style done right with choice ingredients. These guys have the absolute best fried rice I've ever had. Also, their wonton soup, General Tso's, egg rolls, homemade duck sauce is number one and just about everything with seafood is on point, and as good as I have found. They have live lobsters, Peking duck, 16-20 Black Tiger prawns, diver scallops, live mussels and clams. The ultra good stuff. We walk in, and have a 30 second chitchat with the husband and wife owners who are behind the bar...I've seen these guys 40-50 times, at their restaurant, even did a significant tree job for them. They just moved the restaurant from a plaza they have been in for 30 years to their own custom made building out on the main boulevard. It's gorgeous, and they deserve it.

Check out the fish in their saltwater tank. (2 points for the first one to name it)

We spot the gang, who are all eating those crunchy noodle things in the bowl, with the wasabi mustard and THE BEST homemade duck sauce ever (she gave us the recipe!!) I can't and won't touch that generic takeout shit in the clear plastic tubes. YUCK!! I noticed that most of em were looking at menus. C'mon. It's now exactly 5:49 and these guys are ready to order. Apparently, we were late, so we had to sit at the very far end of the table. Me and the wifey (not really...but 10 years) already know what we want, without even looking. Mind you, there is precisely two people (us) out of the dozen (not us) that have been here before. Not all dishes are created equal. The server girl comes over and is ready to do her thing. I'm dying to spit out the words "Dragon & Phoenix for me and the misses" She is mysteriously not heading our way....Daddy Warbucks is talking to the her, taking over, and decides to "save some money" (He's a millionaire) and order for everyone. Lets get the 'Dinner For Eight' ...plus four. Zero selection required or available. It's a one button push and you're done. I think it was $140 for the 'Dinner for Eight' plus $15 for each additional person x 4. That's $200 by my count. There is about 8 dishes...and I've only ordered one of these before, because they are kind of generic. I got a micro dot of redemption after the BAD ordering, by saying "lets get a big thing of house fried rice for everyone". It worked!!! Let's push our luck and order a cocktail... "Two Zombies please, thank you". (We were the ONLY ONES who ordered a drink...hard or soft)

The food comes...The idiot server started EVERYTHING on the other end of the long ass table, where G'man has now set up a firm command post. Take some and pass it down is how it's SUPPOSED to go...by the time it got to us, it was ALL picked through. Anything with color was long gone. Everything looked almost the same. It was these brown sauces..there was these really small shrimp in this white eggy sauce which I absolutely hated and looked bad, which is why it made it to the end. I was so upset. These guy wanted to pretend like they we were at the China buffet. I could have asked everyone at the table what they wanted for a protein and a sauce and ordered for everyone, and blown minds. The average price is about $18. The Dragon & Phoenix is $21, and is my all time favorite dish to eat out. It consists of the best General Tso's chicken and neon red 'Hot & Spicy Prawns'...the huge tiger prawns...with a vibrant green steamed broccoli "fence" with orange slices keeping the two apart...and looking sexy as hell in the process. Both the dishes are available to order separately on the menu. Another awesome dish there is the Hunan Beef & Scallops. Same kinda thing with two dishes on one plate.

I was honestly looking forward to this for a month. Set a countdown timer on my phone and everything. What a let down. [emoji31]. I even had to sit next to my girl's sister's boyfriend who robbed me for $80 for some FIRE weed, that I created. I really wanted to knock him out, stupid asshole. I didn't. He's gone now anyway...lol. We were so disappointed in that whole meal, we went back a month later with my daughter and her boyfriend. I ordered my signature Dragon & Phoenix, as did my baby, which is on the Chef's Specials section where ALL the really good stuff is. I got this one lonely pic...and it was after I had dug in!! Like a FOOL. Look at that plate!! Really sorry that I didn't get a before pick, because this is a beautiful plate of food. If you're still with me, you deserve this:

(I posted this in the WRONG thread!!!!). First time ever..... LOL
3081fd9d6bef7a5f267b41135cf18df3.jpg
3a13e415952d08fc42b0fbff15b9ee96.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back