Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some breeding/ Seed making questions.
I have one Asian Haze (F) seed left. She is supposedly a fast photo, but I didn't see that. The outdoor girl produced some insane quality hash and temple balls. The clone I took produced some very nice bud. I think the genetics should be preserved.
If it sprouts, I'll take some Clones. I'll reverse one or two In use Twenty20 STS spray to make some S1s.
In simplest terms, S1s Are basically a copy with some genetic differences, correct?
That would be basically a preservance of the strain, correct?

A refinement of the strain would be taking those S1 seeds and do a pheno hunt For the attributes you want to enhance Or possibly bad traits eliminated. You would also want to clone those particular plants that you're going to breed with on that run in case something happens And to be able to duplicate it if the seeds produced actually produced the intended results... ........... I assume that's probably ideal, but for someone small it might be difficult to do.
Are those seeds considered S2s? Or BX? If you breed to the same S1s, don't you stand a chance of bringing forth recessive genes? I guess recessive jeans can be good or bad though.

Currently, my really only intention is making seeds to preserve the girl. That's this particular girl, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to refine some other girl that I find. And I'm mainly talking about the medical girls.

That's a little bit of dreaming, as far as the refinement part goes. With all the genetics I currently have, I have some proven performers for particular uses. I have quite a bit of untested genetics that could fill multiple purposes.
The reality is that today we have an outstanding selection of genetics available. Your non-medical user. with most genetics being absolute fire, would mainly select strains for flavor.
Now, I do feel that there is a lot of improvement that can be done for your more medical related strains. There's just not a lot of breeders out there doing the needed research, but it is improving quite a bit.
If I do any playing with genetics it will be on the medical side.

What do you guys think?

My understanding is that crossing a clone with itself results in closer genetics than just crossing a random plant, however yes, there are still going to be differences. Just like when 2 people have a kid, their 2nd kid isn't identical to the first. Your gametes and stuff are randomized.

Speaking of press why does some stuff come out like crumbly butter and some come out like motor oil? At first I thought it had to do with having more sugar leaves or something but I pressed some beautiful Rocbud buds that look identical to the 24 Carat and Rocbud is very oily and best for joints while 24C is killer dab material and so easy to scoop.
It has to do with the oil in the trichome heads and the "skin" around it. If you rub the buds when it's flowering and you get sticky oil on your fingers, that'll make oily rosin. The "sandier" the buds the more pasty the rosin :pass:

B+ and Golden Teachers.
Gonna be starting some GT and a B+ hybrid today after i handle these leaves in my yard
PXL_20231102_154831334.jpg

Speaking of press why does some stuff come out like crumbly butter and some come out like motor oil? At first I thought it had to do with having more sugar leaves or something but I pressed some beautiful Rocbud buds that look identical to the 24 Carat and Rocbud is very oily and best for joints while 24C is killer dab material and so easy to scoop.

Like JP said strain plays a part along with temp. Just watched this video last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back