Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Frankthetank how’s it going?
I saw you moved to western Ok. If you get a chance checkout the Witchita mountains wildlife reserve down by Lawton. Pretty cool place with lots of small lakes, mountains and hiking trails. Shouldn’t be much more than an hour away. Duder will love it.

Hey @Frankthetank how’s it going?
I saw you moved to western Ok. If you get a chance checkout the Witchita mountains wildlife reserve down by Lawton. Pretty cool place with lots of small lakes, mountains and hiking trails. Shouldn’t be much more than an hour away. Duder will love it.
Awesome! We’ll for sure check it out…..always looking for new hiking spots! Thanks amigro! :pass: :d5:

Gotta pull all the gas pipe. Last plumber fucked up.
IMG_20231027_092441551.jpg

So I took a sample from an auto in my raised bed. The Northern Lights auto x Afghani. did a quick dry so didn't expect much.... DAMN! I was in da couch for 3 hours lol! Got to dig into the seed box and see who they came from, because this is definitely a keeper!
I'll post a pic tomorrow.
HMMM. Keep us posted, sounds interesting. :pighug:

Nothing like a friday full of problems, huh guys?

I've got my own. Everythings fucked up this morning, no one knows what the hell is going on, my team in India is going offline and the people I need to talk to here in the US are stuck in meetings all daay.
I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with corporate America anymore, especially in today's world.
I guess I was lucky that I had supervisors that gave me the job and had the confidence in me that I could do it without supervision. They knew I would get the job accomplished and if I needed help I would ask for it. About the only time I needed any upper echelon assistance, was when I wanted to do something out of the norm for that company.
When I saw an opportunity for the company to move into a major market and to make a considerable amount of money, I had to justify the added expenses that would incur in this move VS the additional income. To fully integrate this move, additional training of selected personnel would be required, slightly longer time for field personnel to service the contract and possibility of hiring additional personnel due to the larger workload.
At least back then, If the bean counters thought it viable, it got approved most times.

I think they're just too many idiots in high positions in corporate America today for it to work like that anymore.

I look back now at that one move and just shake my head. I worked hard for two years and did move the company into that large market. For those two years, profitability increased quite substantially as time passed. At the end of that two year period, projection showed increased profitability through the next three years and then establishing itself at an equilibrium. This was a multinational corporation with America being a branch. Home office in Great Britain chose to go down a different path, company wide. So they basically contracted out to a third party to do my job.:face:

So I just used my old mantra. "Adapt and Overcome"! I founded my own LLC, jumped through all the regulatory hoops, bought the massive Corporate liability insurance and then started contracting out to a few companies what I was doing for the original company. I was extremely busy to say the least! I was making at least three times the money! When the old company found out what I was doing , they approached me to do their contract work. They quickly accepted my proposal. That was all well and fine, but with the added workload, I had to hire qualified people. I hired 3 extremely highly qualified personnel and paid them what they were worth. I hired people that I didn't have to supervise or worry about their technical expertise.

Even hiring these guys and paying them very well, I still saw nice profit.............. Very nice! Money sure as hell isn't everything and after about two years, I decided that's all I wanted. It just got way too all intrusive into everyday life when trying to raise a kid and maintain some sort of a farm.

I've thought about dipping my toes back into the scene and just do contract limited shop work with Jurisdictional inspections of manufacturing shops of pressure vessels/boilers. I've made a few contacts with some companies, But I kinda got the impression that they would want more work than what I'd be willing to do. Way too many companies and way too much windshield time.
Like I've said many times in my life, money is not everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back