Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20231202_114249.jpg

Went ahead and got the shroom stuff done and on the shelf. Nothing but waiting now. Wife's gormet mushrooms should be in sometime next week so need to order some more agar plates if I plan on continuing them. Had some good garlic n onion shiitake's many years ago but never had oysters so we'll see. Back is aching from being bent over the SAB so I think it's Corona time.

Man it's been way too many years since I had some fresh walleye!!! My friends mom cooks what we caught to absolute freaking perfection. She was your typical Italian mom and she absolutely went nuts over me eating the hell out of her fish. I had flashbacks to having a Thanksgiving meal with my sister-in-law in LA with her boyfriend's mom coming down and fixing our meal. Every single thing was made from scratch and it was just immensely delicious. And I pigged out!! She did the typical Italian mom thing and popped her son in the back of the head and told him, "Why can't you eat like Bill? Don't you like my food?" :funny: :funny: :funny:

Since I can't get any fresh walleye, I think I'm going to call my cousin to see if he wants to go eat some fried catfish this evening.

I can't find the photo anymore, but I caught a six or seven pound Sauger out of a local spillway. Biggest non-catfish fish I've ever caught locally. I've caught some big ocean fish, though. That thing was huge. I thought I'd hooked a log. It was the middle of winter and freezing out and it didn't fight at all until it got close to the bank. Delicious too, I baked it. Made sure to get the cheek meat as well.

I got it home and even though it'd been on ice, it was so cold in the water it didn't shock it like it usually does. I got it out of the cooler and it snapped at me! I went got a hammer and beat its head in before I got my hands close enough to fillet it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back