Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I get what your saying.

Basically where the saying "Good enough for government work!" came from. I say that all the time, lol.

Government employees suck. They have no incentive not to suck.
I had an office in Arlington, but seldom went there. We usually had a monthly meeting where everyone came in from all the different sectors that fell under this agency. I had an administrative boss there. He was the epitome of the Peter Principle! In one of these meetings, he was discussing filling out our travel and time accountability. This guy got his position from being there so long and knowing the right people. Hell wasn't for his intelligence. Ranting and raving about overtime. Well I was exempt, not exempt from doing overtime, it just changed the way the State had to pay me back. Anyway this moron didn't want you to have any overtime on any day period of time, never mind you could work less than next. Being exempt meant that it would be a over a weekly period of time..
So he singles me out, and shows my my time accountability paperwork. Points out where I had 9 hours this day and 10 hours that day. He's saying we can't have that. He's telling me I'm supposed to end my day with an 8 hours no matter what. The man had no concept of what I did. His only experience was going out to sites where they installed mobile homes to make sure they were installed properly and check certain steps at the factory. I tried to explain him that internal inspections on boilers don't go always as planned. Sometimes things don't come apart and sometimes I have to look further into things . These are beyond my control. I'm not stopping my inspection at that point and telling them I will come back at a later date. People have a business to operate! All I will do is take the time off one of the following days.
If I do what you say, this will increase my expenses. You might want to check something pick out of all your inspectors in this office, even with the largest territory and windshield time, I have the lowest cost per inspection of any of your inspectors in this office and from what I understand in the state!
So I'm gonna continue doing what I'm doing and documenting exactly what I do. Until the chief inspector of the state tells me different.
Him did not like that! But he couldn't do a damn thing about it because I was doing my job the right way. It just wasn't his way!

It's a sad thing that his case is not unusual. Too many officials in our government think that they are intelligent, when they're actually pretty ignorant. And usually too full of their self to actually read or take advice.

I just hold them to the same standard I hold myself!:headbang::headbang:

Guys? Ever been to Mexico?

Perfekt climate….
1000014191.gif

What a lazy day here! Haven't done squat. Went to the local big box home store to look for Black Friday stuff and that's it. Usually pick up a couple packs of drill bits and quick clamps for woodworking, but they don't have shit on sale for those...Had my bi monthly double beef and cheddar on the way home, burned another bowl and bout to take some nod out naps in the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back