Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video I watched the other day of them making RSO they used a machine like yours I think :doh::baked: They boiled off the alcohol using it as a crockpot with lid open :shrug:
I took a class on making rso years ago….the easiest method we learned was using a big huge stainless mixing bowl, with the infused booze mixture in the bottom of it. The bowl was so big, an entire mason jar of liquid just covered the bottom. The heat was applied using a camping stove burner (outdoors)….the guy just turned the burner to medium low, and just held, and swirled the bowl with the mixture above the flame….like a foot above it….swirling around so the mixture is boiling at the edges….he kept doing this until 80% of the liquid was evaporated….then he added back 1/4 cup of water….evaporated until that was almost gone….added more water…. And kept that up until the final product was a smooth goo. It took a while (not bad)….but was safe, and the end product was clean and top shelf.

With other methods it’s hard to get all of the infusion booze out…. And you end up with a weird grainy/liquid mixture….

The video I watched the other day of them making RSO they used a machine like yours I think :doh::baked: They boiled off the alcohol using it as a crockpot with lid open :shrug:
What is this machine you speak of o young pottywand......errrrrr .............Padawan.?
d529fc1f41fdc6e200b26125e46474f3.jpg

I took a class on making rso years ago….the easiest method we learned was using a big huge stainless mixing bowl, with the infused booze mixture in the bottom of it. The bowl was so big, an entire mason jar of liquid just covered the bottom. The heat was applied using a camping stove burner (outdoors)….the guy just turned the burner to medium low, and just held, and swirled the bowl with the mixture above the flame….like a foot above it….swirling around so the mixture is boiling at the edges….he kept doing this until 80% of the liquid was evaporated….then he added back 1/4 cup of water….evaporated until that was almost gone….added more water…. And kept that up until the final product was a smooth goo. It took a while (not bad)….but was safe, and the end product was clean and top shelf.

With other methods it’s hard to get all of the infusion booze out…. And you end up with a weird grainy/liquid mixture….

I watched my Aunt do something like this on her gas stove. She began the process much like wine. Alcohol in a large tub, and stomp.....She paid us 50¢ each to take turns stomping..

That's a great deal....when you're 7.

:crying:

U are possibly watering too much depending how much u give them!
You're right I was watering them to much and I'm just glad to have an answer and not be driving myself bonkers thanks for the assistance! Happy Growing

$9 for 25 munchkins around here. $5.30 for a sausage egg and cheese sandwich. $8 for the sandwich and a large coffee
Guess it was the 25 pack that was 7.99! I get a discount since haven’t used app before! Just not sure what offer will be when i get around to going! May have to spring for a couple bucks of the total so i can get a sampler of some kind! :shrug:

Speaking of sampler……:eyebrows::yay:
2E51498B-6763-49C2-AB73-A8353AC4CC25.jpeg

Well hell! I wish I was delivering that oil today! The closest to me is over 90 miles and on the route to the oil delivery.:oops1::face:

edit................... When I was a kid, Shipley's Donuts were the absolute best! The first Crispy Cream donut shop that opened up in the MetroMess was in Arlington, a few blocks from my office. Both equally as good!
Lmao same here bro! Lived off collins and lamar when it opened up on N Collins! ;)

Maybe a little but not really it’s for an egg farm tractor trailers pull under and gets loaded with chickens. Not sure what type of equipment is getting put on it also:thumbsup::pighug: I got 6 of them to build:doh::joy::wall:
you are going to burn some wire. :pighug:

I think they’re talking about an instant pot
Ahhhhhhh,,,,,,OK!
I've made two batches of RSO, one as a test and the other is the real thang. I did mine on a hot plate, one simular to the one @Mañ'O'Green recommended, with a stainless steel bowl on the back porch.
I didn't use any water on the first time but did the second. It was actually pretty damn time consuming And I had to stay out there to keep the cats off of it! :headbang: :funny: :funny:
Both turned out equally well, but I did do it at the lowest possible temperature, Just enough to get it boiling slightly.
Yeah, I'm not doing that no more. The next cannabis processing piece of equipment I get will be an Extractcraft SOURCE Turbo Concentrate Extractor. While it's not cheap, it does produce a extremely nice product.
Limited heat and under vacuum, with alcohol recovery are the sell points for me.
The further I delve into the medicinal use of cannabis, the more I'm looking into this as another option for processing. It can get me another extremely viable option for ingestion of Cannabis.
I can make tinctures with a much more potent product with many varied ways of the administering it.

Ideally, I'd rather be treating Charlotte's problems with a nice very potent tincture. While MCT oil is not unhealthy, it would be a much better option. a tinture would be a better option for someone obese.

They probably have a lot of people contacting them about this unit in trying to work a deal with them for advertisement of the product. I'm still gonna send them a proposal in Letting them know what it's intended use is and who it can help and then offering them some sort of coverage here on this website . All they do say no!

PRICY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The additions of water are very interesting. When I distilled the alcohol out of some puck soaked stuff, the residue I got looked nasty, and no matter what I did to it would separate into two fractions, one looked kinda like rosin, the other like oil, both very dark color. Same result for both a THC and CBD strain. I haven't had the inclination to do anything with either. The results are still in the freezer...:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back