Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so what'z ur opinion on outdoor photoz that are subjected to various & sundry porch lightz, driveway lightz, parkin lot lightz, car headlightz, etc, etc ❓ ppp

Hold on let me ask Chat GPT.

HO HO HO! See, I got jokes too you buttholes. lol

Hold on let me ask Chat GPT.

HO HO HO! See, I got jokes too you buttholes. lol

dude, i for one am not joking....i was askin a serious question for serious reazonz :wall: ppp

How old was she when you transplanted? I run CoM Stonington and transplant sometime with out issues but i make sure i do it early once there up day 3-6 ish. Also are we talking auto's? 2 gallon pot is a bit small for TLS IMO

When I was grow in grow bags I did water to slight runoff <10% and after transplant it would take at least a week for a 5 gallon grow bag to dry down for another watering about half way I would mist the top once it was crispy but pot is still heavy then repeat the cycle it should get faster and by week 3-4 she'll be drinking to pot down good

I grow in earth boxes now and do the exact same thing just try not get runoff into the rez
I transplant photos into 2 gallon container, once they have 3 nodes. But i dont think i should have water until runoff

Changes in the photoperiod (defined as the period of time each day during which your plants receive light, or day length) can result in a photoperiod stress syndrome, which can induce stress response genes in the plant. Plants have and follow a circadian rhythm (as do you and I,) which is a natural oscillation that repeats roughly every 24 hours. Our bodies and systems try to predict things based on past things. You set your alarm for 5:30 am every day on your phone, and every day you wake up at 5:30. Say you forget to set your alarm on your phone one night, but you wake up at 5:30 am anyway. Your body trains itself and so do plants.

From an article on the site Frontiers in Plant Science: "Plants use the circadian clock to anticipate diurnal changes. Circadian rhythm predicts a 24-h cycle with 16 h of light and 8 h of darkness in response to abiotic and biotic factors as well as the appropriate temperature."

So when you're changing up that rhythm outside of that general cycle, it's potentially stressing them out.

As to outdoor light, the amount of light intensity drastically drops as the sun starts to go down, but brightness and intensity are not the same things. Moonlight at full moon equals only 1/200,000th sunlight at noon.

Lumen is a measurement of the human eyes ability to perceive the brightness emitted by a light source. Intensity is the power per unit area; it is a physical quantity. Brightness involves how the human visual system perceives light, and it is not a physical quantity.

So while you can read a book on a full moon night because it's really bright, it's not really intense.

I transplant photos into 2 gallon container, once they have 3 nodes. But i dont think i should have water until runoff

If the pot is wet then no but if it's dry then I would. Since their photo's just let them dry out and they should recover you got time not like it's auto's. I have NO experience with Photo's:shrug:

Watering till runoff shouldn't happen until the plants have rooted out to fill container?

That's not what I do roots won't grow into dry soil :toke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back