Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about autos VS photoperiods?
I personally like photos more. Everything about autos has time constraints that photos just dont have. If I f up during veg I can just extend the veg which gives me an opportunity to fix stuff.

Last edited:
Good evening guys and girls 😃

View attachment 1664149

I don’t want to sound negative, but i think that these photoperiods are a bit slow - autos would have been bigger at this point.
They have just started to grow faster, but I still don’t feel the power i use to see in autoflowers. :shrug:

Maybe the smaller pots and lack of added oxygen into the coco is the problem, but i can’t really tell.

I have to admit that it feels kind of boring to not see the grow-spurt that autos have, it’s like these are on autopilot and taking it easy.
It’s a lot of time that goes to veg, instead of straight rocket-speed to grow buds filled with THC.

I almost want to say that a perfectly stabilized Autoflower is better to grow than a photoperiod.

Anyhow, I wanted to try to do a SOG and we still have the bloom-phase left and of course some more veg before that so we got some decent buds.

What do you think about autos VS photoperiods?
Photos are the tortoise to the autoflower hare… the hare will get there faster but the tortoise will win in yield and a little potency boost. Although, autos never look like they are doing anything… til they do! Photos are just on an easy pace to the finish.

I like autos for the quickness and diversity I can have in one space. I like photos due to control without time constraint of automatic flower.

"alex, i'll take photoperiod for 100 plz, ty" :toke: ppp

Okey. I see what you mean, but what if the same plant could be grown under 24 hour of light, the perfect auto-version. Wouldn’t that be better?
Or do you think someone will invent the “nutrient” that will allow photos to flower under 20-24 hours of light before the auto-strains are bred to be exact copies of themself with the same THC % as a photoperiod?

@Heart of flowers Auto or Photo , both have there place , I mainly grow autos and photos too , but the choice of photos opens up a different dimension that is not available in Autos . :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing @hecno 👍
What is it that a photo can do that an Autoflower can’t?
Let’s solve that and the other way around and it won’t be a question of which one is the best, just what suits the grower the best.

Well, now that I think of it, a photoperiod fed with a specific auxin/PGR which could be given to the plant so it starts to flower regardless of how many hours of light it gets.

I personally like photos more. Everything about autos has time constraints that photos just dont have. If I f up during veg I can just extend the veg which gives me an opportunity to fix stuff.

I agree with you on this one. Thank you for your contribution @Cannaficionado ✅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back