Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY, u guyz gonna pass that, OR WHAT-?!!:naughtystep: ppp
tumblr_c9bffc74c6d043ea5b694d2e13815d23_73a93ba6_500.gif
:pass: 🐁

Hey stoners I got a stupid question I was watching this video this morning. He talks about skipping the curing process harvesting a plant and put it into "deep freeze" then washing. Is he talking about freeze drying or can I just put freshly harvested bud in the a freezer then wash? I for some reason thought I had to dry it some before washing :thanks::pass:

You can absolutely freeze flower for washing! So the problem I hear with fresh frozen (as in chopping the plant down, cutting into manageable pieces to fit inside a ziploc and freezing) usually has a much smaller return. I forget who it is, but he talks about hang drying for 2-4 days depending on the strain, then freezing it as it ups his returns significantly but doesn’t sacrifice terpene quality as only a little degradation occurs. Of course this is strain dependent. I had to freeze a plant once, the fresh frozen bubble was super blond and extremely tasty but extremely dissatisfying yield, albeit better than letting my bud go super dry being away so long. I’m gonna try the 2 day dry and trim off lower buds I want to freeze

You can absolutely freeze flower for washing! So the problem I hear with fresh frozen (as in chopping the plant down, cutting into manageable pieces to fit inside a ziploc and freezing) usually has a much smaller return. I forget who it is, but he talks about hang drying for 2-4 days depending on the strain, then freezing it as it ups his returns significantly but doesn’t sacrifice terpene quality as only a little degradation occurs. Of course this is strain dependent. I had to freeze a plant once, the fresh frozen bubble was super blond and extremely tasty but extremely dissatisfying yield, albeit better than letting my bud go super dry being away so long. I’m gonna try the 2 day dry and trim off lower buds I want to freeze

Thanks for chiming in:pass: I've heard that before Pedro on YouTube says to do like you say he called it a "half dry" then freeze but he uses a freeze dryer so I wasn't sure. After what everyone has said I am definitely gonna give it go in the freezer:headbang::thanks::pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back