Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting might be old news for some :pop::d5:

Just wait man. As soon as this shit is federally legal, all these seed companies are gonna rush to patent their genes.

Just like Monsanto and other companies have done with corn.

Wait until you get seeds that say you aren't allowed to breed or propagate those seeds or you can be sued.

Or worse, triploid only varieties that you literally can't breed, the seeds are one time grow and thats it, they won't breed. Just like a triploid carp you can buy for a pond that won't reproduce.

Its gonna happen, and I can only suggest growing and saving the genetics you want because it may not be possible in a few years.

Just wait man. As soon as this shit is federally legal, all these seed companies are gonna rush to patent their genes.

Just like Monsanto and other companies have done with corn.

Wait until you get seeds that say you aren't allowed to breed or propagate those seeds or you can be sued.

Or worse, triploid only varieties that you literally can't breed, the seeds are one time grow and thats it, they won't breed. Just like a triploid carp you can buy for a pond that won't reproduce.

Its gonna happen, and I can only suggest growing and saving the genetics you want because it may not be possible in a few years.
Unless you’ve got a crystal ball…..this is just, like, your opinion man….

Pepsi has sued the farmers for cultivating the FC5 potato variety, grown exclusively for its popular Lay's potato chips. The FC5 variety has a lower moisture content required to make snacks such as potato chips.

The company is seeking more than 10 million rupees ($142,840) each for alleged patent infringement.

The farmers grow potatoes in the western state of Gujarat, a leading producer of India's most consumed vegetable.

"We have been growing potatoes for a long time and we didn't face this problem ever, as we've mostly been using the seeds saved from one harvest to plant the next year's crop," said Bipin Patel, one of the four farmers sued by Pepsi.

It will only take one greedy breeder to start patenting genetics and then they will all have to do it to protect themselves from each other.

Wait until you get seeds that say you aren't allowed to breed or propagate those seeds or you can be sued

That’s fine I’m not too worried about that when and if I make any seeds they are for personal use only so for them to sue me seems a bit far fetched I mean how would they know?

I already deal with this sorta thing when receiving tester seeds and it is just in the honor system until people start abusing it then it will change.

It will only take one greedy breeder to start patenting genetics and then they will all have to do it to protect themselves from each other.

Plus we see it already these breeders collaborating together to further out their lines. Most of them work well together until they step on each others twos then those breeders aren’t really welcome in the community

All that being said just thought the science and theory of it was fascinating I did not want to stir anything up by posting that video

trailer-park-boys-shocked.gif

200w (30).gif

:rofl:

The US gov has the patent on cannabinoids. Many medicines have already been patented from cannabis Where does the money go?
With this business plan the money may make it hard for national legalazation My opinion :toke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back