Status
Not open for further replies.
It generally stays around 6.5

No heat mat. I've been leaving my light on 24hr to try and keep a steady temp. It's about 77F and 65%rh.
Just because the tent is 77 doesn’t mean the water temp is anywhere close to that! Put it on top of a cable box or your driver for your light!

It generally stays around 6.5

No heat mat. I've been leaving my light on 24hr to try and keep a steady temp. It's about 77F and 65%rh.
Let me just tell you my method so you have the info to do what you want with.

I use the same spring water for germination as I do for feeding.

Soak about 18 hours in water (just a couple ounces in a cup, sitting on a table)

Place the soaked seed in a damp (nice and damp) paper towel, inside of a sealed Tupperware, placed on top of the pot of soil the seed will live in, light on , adjusted to about 50% strength.

After 24 hours, if the seed has any visible tail whatsoever, I plant it, nice and deep so it sheds the husk. I make the hole with my finger, place root side down, and sprinkle dirt in the hole until it’s covered. I water, mostly around the hole (also water into the hole prior to adding the seed), but a good splash on top.

If the seed hasn’t cracked yet, wait another 24 hours, and check. If the seed has cracked, I plant, following the above method.

From that point on, I make sure the soil around the seed is moist, and if need be, water just a few ounces around the seed, so as not to overwater. Usually start seeing them pop up around three days.

If a seed doesn’t crack, I still usually plant it, keep it watered…. They usually still pop up. On occasion, I’ve had them take a couple weeks before they go. Just keep adding the water without overwatering, and something usually happens…..

I'll break out the heat mat and see if that helps.

Kelp and Humic acid 5:2 ratio they work way better together then either product alone 50% better actually. Also make a seed scuff tube shake seed in there 5-10 times before putting into soak onto heat mat for 3-5 hrs

FB_IMG_1704423264068.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back