Status
Not open for further replies.
Olive Garden isn't terrible for what it is. And the portion sizes means leftovers for days!
A little bitty family ran little Italian restaurant, maybe 30 seats at the most, in the Poconos spoiled me of ever going back to Olive Garden.
All of them are immigrants from Italy and you have a real Italian mama back in the kitchen!
The only other time I've had the same quality of Italian food was a Thanksgiving meal in LA with the mom of my sister-in-law s boyfriend being the cook. It was the first time I had had Italian food by an Italian mama! .I was in heaven! I made that mama happy! I was her boy that day! After my first plate, she started waiting on me hand and foot and giving me these hugs from behind and kisses on the cheek!
She would tell her son. "Mangia! Mangia!" " Why can't you be more like Bill?" And then did the typical Italian mama "pop in the back of a head" to her son! I had been going to a Naval School in San Diego and hadn't had a home cooked meal and there were 6 months so it was quite easy to eat a quite large amount. I think it was the largest amount of food I had ever eaten at a Thanksgiving meal !
After that one Thanksgiving, I've always had a dream of eating my way across Italy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back