Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy :haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl: :haha: Was standing on the cliff and the beach there this week last year. Not so easy! Cold water is good! Controls the lineup population. That was one of the good things in Northern Cal. Water is 55 in the summer and 53 in the winter. Between that and the great whites, it keeps all the wuss' out of the water!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Makaha is nice though. Just don't piss off the locals!!! Houlie! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I was deemed by the locals to be kama‘aina. One of the first times I ever went to the west side of the island, I helped this old guy with some car problems and got his car running again pretty quickly. He turned out to be an old time long board surfer. He helped me with my surfing and even gave me one of his old long boards. It was a bit rough but after I went through it and fixed it back up it was quite a good board. It was huge though! But everybody knew who's bored it was. By the time I had left the island he had passed away and I gave the board to his grandson. Lots of good times there !

I hate cold, Winter and I especially hate cold waters! The only time I want to wear a wetsuit is when I'm diving, not surfing!

So for the gardeners here, how do you grow outside?

Last year I did kratky hydroponics, but it was a pain in the ass and I'm not going to do it again.

This year I was considering doing a straw bale garden. But honestly, I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and build a couple of raised beds.

There is an amish lumber mill near me that sells 10' lengths of scratch and dent metal roof panels for $10 each.

So I think I might build a couple raised beds like this
1706040465791.png

I have about half a cord of rotting wood from back when we used to camp a lot, that I could use to fill in some of the space. Hugelkulture, I think its called when you use wood like that. I could also fill them with straw bales and then put dirt on top. By the end of the year the straw will have broken down from the roots all growing through it.

Oooh....lets start the day with a Rainbow.......last week in January...first week in Feb tend to be the worst weeks of the year in terms of sickness and depression....so lets Lighten it.... :pass:...make our own Rainbows.....

View attachment 1661229

E448FB13-95A1-4614-9908-1AE988F64802.jpeg

2 years ago I took my dad to Santa Cruz, California to see the redwoods and the pacific ocean. He'd never been further west than Texas.

We'd go fishing at the wharf in Santa Cruz, and there was a guy who would ride a huge tricycle with a basket on the back with a drum set, and he'd setup at the end of the wharf and jam out on the drums and play that song over and over. Hours of "GO GO GODZILLA!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back