Status
Not open for further replies.

1000016121.gif

Wow! Feel for those folks. Insurance or no, some things you can't replace.

Ballsy for hangin out with that ammo goin off!
Firepeeps are heroes and just plain crazy! They run the wrong way into a fire.

I had a T-shirt I wore when setting up a fireworks shows, it said " I am the pyrotechnician If you see me running try to keep up" :haha: The CAL-State fire marshal made me take it off at the state fairgrounds. She said it was unprofessional. She actually inspected every shell for the state seal - all 800 of them. She also inspected every mortar tube for cracks in the base and actually found one. That left me with one unfired shell and I had to drive 40 miles to the bunker with placards on instead of the motel that was just across the street from the fairgrounds. Most of the experienced fire marshals would have not even bothered to look at that stuff, if the seal is on the boxes that was good enough. She only worked on state property and whenever her name popped up on the permits I started 2 hours early to let her do her thing. By the third year, we actually became friends and she lightened up considerably. She remained the most feared inspector over the 12 years we did pyro. I had a well trained crew and she respected me and them. Other operators were not so lucky and she stopped more than one show from going off.

Here is a couple of pics from the 2005 barge show in Santa Barbara, it took 5 days to set up. Each shell had to be put in a plastic bag to protect from the fog and then a lid because rain was a possibility. We had a detonation on barge 2 and lost part of the show ( about 60 shells of 900) but not the finale like the news paper reported LAMOs. I never got to do that show again. The company blamed me but I still think it was a defective shell. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

HPIM0294.JPG.jpg

HPIM0340.JPG.jpg

HPIM0344.JPG.jpg
HPIM0357.JPG.jpg

Aren't you single?

Ya but if i wasn’t if my chick saw me doing some shit like that i would imagine she would be out the door! Also i waste my time getting stoned not on internet art projects! :shrug::rofl:

I had a T-shirt I wore when setting up a fireworks shows, it said " I am the pyrotechnician If you see me running try to keep up" :haha: The CAL-State fire marshal made me take it off at the state fairgrounds. She said it was unprofessional. She actually inspected every shell for the state seal - all 800 of them. She also inspected every mortar tube for cracks in the base and actually found one. That left me with one unfired shell and I had to drive 40 miles to the bunker with placards on instead of the motel that was just across the street from the fairgrounds. Most of the experienced fire marshals would have not even bothered to look at that stuff, if the seal is on the boxes that was good enough. She only worked on state property and whenever her name popped up on the permits I started 2 hours early to let her do her thing. By the third year, we actually became friends and she lightened up considerably. She remained the most feared inspector over the 12 years we did pyro. I had a well trained crew and she respected me and them. Other operators were not so lucky and she stopped more than one show from going off.

Here is a couple of pics from the 2005 barge show in Santa Barbara, it took 5 days to set up. Each shell had to be put in a plastic bag to protect from the fog and then a lid because rain was a possibility. We had a detonation on barge 2 and lost part of the show ( about 60 shells of 900) but not the finale like the news paper reported LAMOs. I never got to do that show again. The company blamed me but I still think it was a defective shell. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

View attachment 1659308

View attachment 1659311
View attachment 1659309View attachment 1659310
1000016122.gif

View attachment 1659308

View attachment 1659311
View attachment 1659309View attachment 1659310

Saw this the other day and thought of you:yoinks: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back