Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how many people in that video are on their phones. I love live music so much, I'd have turned my chair around to get into it more.
That's the way of the world. Now places don't even want to pay the band. They want you to bring all the people in and then pass the hat cause they ain't even paying you.

Even back when my step dad was the number 1 country act in New England won all the damn NECM awards years and years in a row they'd pull down a 100 to 125 each for working all night.
That includes meeting, packing the van, driving there setting up, doing a bunch of sets, breaking down, driving back unloading the van. If they were done with all that by 1 or 2 am they were doing good. so they could get up and be at work for 7am.

Now bars want all that and don't want to pay. Or if they do it ain't much more.
My buddy was in a wedding band did ok but not my cuppa tea.

Now a days my wife's a waitress whole damn family's go out to eat together but everyone of thems in their phone.
They might as well be alone. I for one ain't so sure the world's a better place with computers and cell phones and all that crap. Don't get me wrong this here is nice and all . But I wonder has it really improved our lives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back