Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to take my autoflowers from 24/0 to 20/4 lighting. I switched one tent over and it seems like its doing better, so I was going to switch the other.

Anyways, so I bought a cheap energizer brand wifi controllable smart plug at the dollar store today for $10, because it said it supported setting timers, so I figured cool I can just set it to turn off at noon and on at 4 every day. Well I fucked with it for a solid hour and could not get the damn thing to work. I spent my afternoon pissed off and then I had a stroke of genius.

Year before last I was going to build one of those musical christmas light things where you set your lights to sound. Never got around to it.

But, I have the raspberry Pi and the relay control board from that project.

1674516904789.png

The raspberrypi is a small computer that runs Linux. You can use it with a keyboard and mouse just like a normal PC, use it to surf the web, etc. I know tons of people who use these for their kids machines because they are simple and impossible to break. You can use it as a normal PC, or toss it in a project box and use it for fun stuff like this.

I followed a simple tutorial, and had a website up that I can control the relays from, in about 20 minutes

1674516949244.png

I can hit those buttons on my web browser (at home, on my home network, you guys can't!) and it will turn the relays on and off on that control board.

Each relay can switch up to 10 amps at 220v so plenty to control some LED lighting, exhaust fans, and a water pump.

What I'm going to do is make a script on the raspberry pi so that it waters once or twice a day.

They make these cool little hall effect flow sensors I can use to figure out how much 1 gallon takes to flow and then calculate from there.
Amazon product

That, an anti siphon valve and a little giant pump should have me in business for watering from a reservoir.

I'll have it auto water once a day, but make it so I can keep an eye on it and water more if I feel necessary. I'll be adding a webcam as well.

My whole idea here is I want to get this all setup so I can go away for 2 weeks on vacation and be able to have it auto watering while I'm gone.
I have one friend who I trust to take care of things but she lives an hour away, so I will probably just ask her to come once to refill the reservoir and check on things.

He was running orders last couple days so kept getting behind! Unlike Suki tho i got no patience to read everything i missed and damn sure don’t have time to like 20 pages of posts! Maybe later if i am stoned and bored but not likely! :d5::rofl:
SMH

Yeah his mother was super abusive. The guy he killed, one of his family members (If I remember correctly) went in and scrubbed the place but dude was roofied. They took a rape kit off the dead guy but they either never took one or "lost" the one for the guy who actually got raped :face: I really don't understand why Netflix decided they were cool with the idea of running such an exploitative piece on someone who so clearly is dealing with severe mental health issues.
There was no rape kit as it was weeks later when he was arrested before he said anything about it! And his proof he was raped was he said he got drunk and passed out and next morning he woke up with what he thought was semen on his face so figured dude obv got him drunk and raped him! And it was the following night after this happened when he killed him! Had he snapped and killed dude right then obv story woulda been believable but he hung out there until he went to meet friends and they didn’t show so he went back to dudes house and that’s when the killing happened!

Pretty sure never know all the details but def sad story all around! One reason I don’t drink! Overdoing it can lead to all kinds of craziness! In that doc he’s doing stuff like whipping his junk out and peeing on hollywood boulevard in front of crowds of people in broad daylight!

And wasn’t a family member was a random attorney he met at the train station who was in his 70’s! Let him stay the night and bought him a train ticket next day!

Weren't you just installing a new light over the sink or something like that? :crying:
Paint walls, paint/stain cabinets, peel and stick backsplash and counter covering were it initially. Then I added the under cabinet lights, the new light over the table, and the new light over the sink. Pulled the dishwasher and wham, water damage so now we need new cabinets, and if we're replacing the cabinets we will need new counters and sink and faucet and I might as well go ahead and do the floor since we will have the room totally emptied out. On top of removing the drywall, fixing the leak, and replacing the drywall. Yeah lol. I've always been a bit of the "If you give a mouse a cookie" sort though, so no one is actually surprised by any of this. May decide to go in and do a tile backsplash once the counters are in, depends on how I feel about how it looks all together. Peel and stick feels like it's not going to hold its own now since we went with *nice* counter tops lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back