Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
more new toys showed up today :headbang:

20230123_160609.jpg
20230123_160528.jpg

It's freaking bizzah. There like wild turkeys everywhere here. For the first 45 years of my life I never saw a turkey if it wasn't Thanksgiving. Now there freaking everywhere!
And the funniest part is watching them try to fly into the trees at night. It looks like a 747 about to crash feathers flying everywhere hahahaha
I'll guarantee you that there is a handful, if that, of people here that have seen turkeys in the numbers that I saw all the time at one deer lease we had in Kimble Co, Tx.
Every evening it was the same thing. It started about an hour before sunset. It usually started in small groups of 3-6 turkeys. Most of the turkeys flew in from one ridge, across the river and directly into the roosting area. There were lots of walk-ups too.
The roosting area was WELL known by the turkeys in the area. It had to be! There were HUNDREDS there.
The roosting area was a large grove of very old native pecan trees. Pecan trees are a very rare item in this area and always by a river. This grove was pretty large, roughly 60-70 ac. It was in a bottom land area made from the river with very good soil deposited from the river with it changing its course over the eons. The trees were hooked up to the river's high water table. Oh yeah, this is where I found the wild canna too.
The sight to see was, as it got closer to sunset, the groups crossing the river from the ridge got larger. The biggest group I've seen was 85. They seemed to group up at the ridge and something sends them off.
We knew there were lots of turkeys in the region. We had another lease before this one, about 15 miles away........as the turkey flies. It was waaaaaay out in the boonies. One of the last gates I had to open, always my job, was into a vast open native field, not farmland. In front of me was the biggest group of turkeys I've seen in a field. It looked like a free-range Turkey farm! It was summer, so it wasn't breeding time. Only saw it once, and we stopped counting at 200.

I have turkeys here too. I've heard them many times, but only seen them 4 or 5 times. I like MY smoked wild turkey far more than store bought. Mine have never been dry.......what some people that don't know wild turkey.

We're on a weed site, I don't even notice grammar (unless it's legitimately unreadable) and I have taken plenty of advanced writing classes lol. Plus, correcting peoples grammar is generally abelist and classist (as schools in zones with low property taxes are generally underfunded). I'm a reformed grammar nazi lol. Hubby and I had a bizzare argument over the use of coming to vs going to the other day :rofl: we're both Aries so I guess we lock horns over dumb stuff occasionally, usually when one of us is sensory seeking (it's an adhd thing). I've started just flashing him when he starts being contrary and he gets distracted and lets it go :rofl:
I'm going to start doing that to my wife, lol. I'm an Aquarius and generally non confrontational so I usually just walk away from an argument.

That doc was absolutely predatory to that guy, there's so much more to the story. I refuse to watch it because I don't want to give them the view. I was talking to someone who grew up with him, he has been abused many times by many people. The guy he killed raped him but the evidence was destroyed, cause of course it was.
U must not have seen the story but if he actually did there was no evidence! He supposedly raped him 1 night and next day he is hugging this guy and getting on a train to leave! Then comes back that night and kills him! And it talks about the stuff he said about his childhood! There is def more to the story then you would find on social media! Some of the unaired interviews of him seemed like he prob had untreated mental problems or was such an alcoholic that he was out there mentally!

Hey while looking at lecithin which we already spoke about why I saw some interesting stuff about it's health benefits.
Seeing as my Dr is always less than happy looking when we get my cholesterol numbers I'm gonna give this a go.
Seems to possibly help with quite a few other things too!

Mind you I take anything on the internet as I dunno if I believe this crap hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back