Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew, just started up and already 20 pages back. Good afternoon/morning all. Last day off from holiday break. Back to the grind tomorrow. I should do some work prep but nahhh, it's a holiday. Instead I'm prepping foe the next grow.

I haven't seen anybody with something similar but I built Lazy Susan's for my pots. I like to spin my pots around to get even light and to be able to poke all the way around my plants. They sell the roller kit at hardware stores in the shelving section. I used PVC as the top and bottom because they are more moisture tolerant.

View attachment 1552202
I normally grow 3-4 plants at a time in a 4x4 tent. I actually been researching building a lazy susan approx. 46" diameter for my tent floor. That way I can just spin it to water each plant.

Ok i need some help if y'all willing. This same thing happened last time and I tried to figure it out by myself first but anyway. I did a test with mephisto sour crack cuz of the fast turnover. The bucket with dark green and the discoloration on the leaves is CoM with some added yucca mix for drainage
The other is my soil from my garden( good kinda loamy very nice :biggrin:) which i then mix with perlite and the yucca and a small amount of worm castings.
They're a little smaller than usual cuz I was a bit neglectful. But they were both looking good and healthy until 5 days into flowering and this is the same result as last time at the exact same time. With my soil mix i usually get through with out even having to top dress in 6 gallon just water and silica Thoughts?

View attachment 1552987View attachment 1552988View attachment 1552989
The last Sour Crack I raised was mad at me when I removed the veg ammendments. So I wound up feeding her the veg & bloom ammendments until the very end. She was a very hungry girl...

:pass:

I normally grow 3-4 plants at a time in a 4x4 tent. I actually been researching building a lazy susan approx. 46" diameter for my tent floor. That way I can just spin it to water each plant.
You just need some casters and a big enough platform. Should be doable. Would you use plywood?

No perlite can work, it will just mean a slightly less frequent need to water, and a slightly higher risk of overwatering, IMO of course. There are many ways to make this work, and straight coco is one, as long as you learn how to manage it.

That does not mean it is a better option than adding perlite, just that more or less comparable results are possible if limitation around watering are managed.

Personally, I would not go without it, but that is just one stoner's approach to the issue.

Happy growing, and all the best in 2023. :biggrin: :pighug:
I agree with using perlite and still will use it but i think i will reduce the amount i use by A LOT seeing 0% perlite works decently well in my situation.

My peatmoss is pretty much like using coco so i think i should be ok in my autopots, thanks for sharing!

Happy growing!!

Good Morfnoevight all! I am in the hospital for testing my heart. The first two days in the ER without internet. The hospital is 168% of capacity so I was in the hallway the first day then and the next in The same gurney I just got a room that has cell connection. I am typing on my phone .. I hope to get out tomorrow.

Good Morfnoevight all! I am in the hospital for testing my heart. The first two days in the ER without internet. The hospital is 168% of capacity so I was in the hallway the first day then and the next in The same gurney I just got a room that has cell connection. I am typing on my phone .. I hope to get out tomorrow.
I hope everything is ok and you get home soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back