Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning! Im straight up taking the week off. Tryna just chill. Tryna figure out how tho
Haha light a doober, turn the music up, and clear your mind. There’s nothing you need to do, no place you need to be. Right here, in the moment is perfect. :pass: Took me a decade before I could figure out how to just chill, and be happy about it.

I'm trippin' on this movie I'm sorta watching. It's called "The Triangle", a movie about the Bermuda Triangle.
I know it's ment to be serious, but there are some silly ass shit in it! A LOTof it.
A recent standout, It slapped me in my face! This group acquired a Russian sub to investigate a wreckage site. Some mysterious Bermuda Triangle doody happened and they laid at the bottom with no power. They were freaking out and crying.
All of a sudden the lights flicker on and someone shouts, "The power is restored!". The all celebrate as the systems come back on line.
Then a spinning up GAS TURBINE sound comes outta the speakers and I actually pay attention to exactly what's going on. As I look at the screen, I see the subs screws to begin to turn. :face:

This was a Russian conventional sub, not a nuke. There's nothing on a Russian sub that would sound like that. I might be able to accept it representing a steam turbine generator coming on line, but only nukes have them.

It never ceases to amaze me how much my 'military experience' affected me. It's crazy how much that stood out to me half-assed watching a movie.
I crossed the Bermuda triangle quite a few times, usually without incident. First time was in January 1970, headed from Morehead City to Nassau on the 60' wooden sailboat "Tangaroa," a 50/50 ketch rig built as a cargo vessel in 1910 for the Baltic lumber trade. We were becalmed for several days and spent boring watches reading "Moby Dick" or swimming in the warm Gulf Stream. It's spooky swimming where it's so deep that there's essentially no bottom, just azure infinity below. Also had a winter gale on that trip, broke the main boom, and I learned celestial navigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back