Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
any idea of specific measurements? 1/2 cup mct oil to 1/4 oz? 1/2 cup mct to an oz?

We have good luck with 7.5g flower and 70g of oil. Could probably use less flower. Some of the oil absorbs into the dry flower so you lose a little there. I strain it through a french press and get around 50g of oil back. I do have to remove the infused material and give it a squeeze to get the last bits out. If you wear a glove and do it carefully you shouldn't have any plant leafy bits in the final product.

Using the T-check tester it usually measures at around 7mg/ml for strength.

I don't grind the flower just snip it roughly with some scissors. Once the decarb cycle is done and I pour the oil in I do crush the flower material down to make sure it is all in the oil. If you have the silicone sleeve this is very easy, just fold and press the sides to crush it down.

I did accidentally discover that if you run the infusion cycle, and forget it overnight, it does tend to come out a bit stronger. Also, if you run the cycle and it has fully cooled or sat for a while, turning the machine back on for a minute or two heats it to make the oil run easier. It heats up quick so not too long or it gets hot to handle.

EDIT: Infusion is into MCT oil and we make a "batch" of gummies which is around 90 pieces with the recipe we use.
(50g oil x 7mg/ml = 350mg / 90 pieces = ~4mg per piece.)

Double EDIT: My patient seems to like 4mg for help sleeping, anxiety, and stimulating appetite. We had tried more and less but settled on 4mg as the right amount for her. You will need to see what works for you. That's the amounts, 7.5g/50g oil, we found get right in that range consistently.

Last edited:
Decided since they are doing great in the solo's it might be best not to screw with them so switching to Kratky method slightly modified.....will try the lined cups in a later attempt.
Edit: And cause I'm lazy.... :kitty:

Last edited:
Alright all you Ardent owners, finally gonna brush the dust off this thing and make some oil/edibles.

How much weed to MCT oil? Also, anyone mix in some keif on top of weed?

Want to make some WTF just happened level oil....

@Fermented_Fruitz, @Lil Dab
It's whatever ya want really. As soon as it cools off, I'm shaking a whole girl. Decarbing the hash and infusing the hash into 16.9 oz of oil. I'm hoping for one dropper to the Ort Cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back