Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this then I got to get going… I got a bag silica today and it had tiny hole in it so everything in the box got a dusting of silica:joy:.. So I got that to deal with but the kicker is my megacrop two part hasn’t shown up yet… I am running extremely low and the shipment hasn’t moved in a few days :yoinks::wall: Might have to switch to 1 part I have a little of that left over:goodluck:View attachment 1552620
Use your same ppm/ec level and you should be fine till the good stuff arrives. I think. :pighug: :biggrin:

So I got a EC/TDS meter today. Here's what my water tests showed.

1 RODI from work 3 ppm
2 Rain water (it's pouring collect 10 gal so far) 4 ppm
3 Spring water market 156 ppm
4 Tap sitting over night 265 ppm
5 Tap thru block carbon 270 ppm

So here's a guess for growing in peat moss (promix)......
Rain water great, under 150 ppm ok, 260 ppm and up not so good and possibly cause nutrient issues????
Is that reasonably close to right???

Looking back at my last 20 (now long behind me), I can relate. I found it helpful to try to leave work behind at the end of the day. Easier said than done sometimes, and I eventually gave up and quit, but not everyone has that option.

An interesting aspect to work these days is that damn near every operation that needs people can't find enough of them. If you don't enjoy your current job, there may well be a better one not far away, so best to keep yer peepers open. Good luck with it. :goodluck: :pighug:
Dont get me wrong, I like my job I just hate the commute some days. I'm not a fan of waking up ridiculous early just to sit in traffic. It's a bit painful to think back to how long i have been working when i was making less than $5 an hour to where I am today. I just don't see myself ever being able to actually retire.

I'm definitly doing a better job of taking me time now a days. So that is a step in the right direction. I always say that you have to take the good with the bad but I'm realizing that I have a problem with accepting the good (no matter how big or how small) when it comes.

Dont get me wrong, I like my job I just hate the commute some days. I'm not a fan of waking up ridiculous early just to sit in traffic. It's a bit painful to think back to how long i have been working when i was making less than $5 an hour to where I am today. I just don't see myself ever being able to actually retire.

I'm definitly doing a better job of taking me time now a days. So that is a step in the right direction. I always say that you have to take the good with the bad but I'm realizing that I have a problem with accepting the good (no matter how big or how small) when it comes.
I've been really lucky with the commute issue, other than being away from home regularly for a week or two. I would have quit earlier if I had to commute any distance. I hate being stuck in traffic. I get reminded about that every time we visit the dearest's family down near Seattle. One time down there it took me over seven hours to get home when one of the tunnels shut down due to an accident. I have never seen anything like it. The dearest and sis in law were just about to start calling hospitals (the days before cell phones). I could have walked home quicker.

Anyway, good luck with it, and do keep those peepers peeled. It will be a worker's market for a long time now. :pighug:

Use your same ppm/ec level and you should be fine till the good stuff arrives. I think. :pighug: :biggrin:
Yup that was the plan but just looked again and now all of sudden it is ready for pickup :thanks::woohoo:

So I got a EC/TDS meter today. Here's what my water tests showed.

1 RODI from work 3 ppm
2 Rain water (it's pouring collect 10 gal so far) 4 ppm
3 Spring water market 156 ppm
4 Tap sitting over night 265 ppm
5 Tap thru block carbon 270 ppm

So here's a guess for growing in peat moss (promix)......
Rain water great, under 150 ppm ok, 260 ppm and up not so good and possibly cause nutrient issues????
Is that reasonably close to right???
Yup anything over 150 I would dilute back to <150ppm.. As far as rain water out of my department to many variables :shrug::pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back