Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well @Mossy, you convinced me. I took my 2 most mature tops down and did a tiny wet trim. Took a lil bit more than a bud lol, but Ive been so tempted to smoke on this already. Gonna hang dry em till I gotta go to work tonight and putting em in paper bags.
20230116_074945.jpg
20230116_074935.jpg

I've never cooked my media. I use potting mix to start and outdoors it's a combination of potting mix amended by 1st addition of ~30% of my own compost (hot composted leaves grass etc,) and then each new hole gets a shovels worth of composted cow manure, old soil, fresh pest 1:1:1. Once outside it's my belief/hope that between predators and they're such weak fliers Ive just me never had a fungus gnat issue (fingers crossed)!
Indoors is a while different story for me.
FFHF has definitely had it's fungus gnat issues, miracle grow mix I personally despise cause fungus gnats(and other reasons).
This last round I used these bricks of promix potting mix a friend who's the president of the local gardening club (avid avid Gardner) recommended for seedlings. Zero fungus gnats YMMV could have been a fluke (or a flounder hahaha).
My go to is mosquito bits sprinkled BTI . I add it to the top soil liberally every time b4 I see anything. My experience has been I don't see them for up to a week when I start. My thinking this means initially the populations low to start.
So far this has worked everytime over quite a few years for me.
The big box store garden centers potting mix have been my worst luck with these guys.
I see people with videos pouring boiling water, baking, putting outside and solarizing. So far I've never needed it.
It's my suspension that in part it's catching the little ##$&_$## b4 the population explodes.
I had them once so bad from.s cheapo bag of potting mix (ya I'm.a dumb ass) it wiped out like 35 to 50 plants and I didn't even realize what was going on till I was completely infested...
Just my observations your results vary.
I mostly did it for this grow because I noticed a few gnats and was wanting to kill everything to really test out the Osmo. Only things added after sterilization was mycos and Osmo and they are doing OK on plain ol water.
grow.jpg

Man that looks like a wicked PITA. Hopefully for the right people they're willing to pay to accordingly to keep it all original, the shit they mass produce and stamp out today just don't hold a candle to the older work and types of woods I see in moldings etc
100% sucks... It pays the company owner pretty well... Me not so much... But am working my way toward leaving this shit. It was just a steady job to land returning to the US... Finally divorced and moving on... :woohoo:

I mostly did it for this grow because I noticed a few gnats and was wanting to kill everything to really test out the Osmo. Only things added after sterilization was mycos and Osmo and they are doing OK on plain ol water.
View attachment 1556314
How does the NPK ratios in the Osmo hold up to stuff like jacks or mega crop and do you end up needing to amend with other micro nutrients.
I can see how well it does work for you and I'm seriously interested!!

I've never cooked my media. I use potting mix to start and outdoors it's a combination of potting mix amended by 1st addition of ~30% of my own compost (hot composted leaves grass etc,) and then each new hole gets a shovels worth of composted cow manure, old soil, fresh pest 1:1:1. Once outside it's my belief/hope that between predators and they're such weak fliers Ive just me never had a fungus gnat issue (fingers crossed)!
Indoors is a while different story for me.
FFHF has definitely had it's fungus gnat issues, miracle grow mix I personally despise cause fungus gnats(and other reasons).
This last round I used these bricks of promix potting mix a friend who's the president of the local gardening club (avid avid Gardner) recommended for seedlings. Zero fungus gnats YMMV could have been a fluke (or a flounder hahaha).
My go to is mosquito bits sprinkled BTI . I add it to the top soil liberally every time b4 I see anything. My experience has been I don't see them for up to a week when I start. My thinking this means initially the populations low to start.
So far this has worked everytime over quite a few years for me.
The big box store garden centers potting mix have been my worst luck with these guys.
I see people with videos pouring boiling water, baking, putting outside and solarizing. So far I've never needed it.
It's my suspension that in part it's catching the little ##$&_$## b4 the population explodes.
I had them once so bad from.s cheapo bag of potting mix (ya I'm.a dumb ass) it wiped out like 35 to 50 plants and I didn't even realize what was going on till I was completely infested...
Just my observations your results vary.

I have yet to have a grow that didn't have fungus gnats. They show up about a week/week and a half after the first heavy watering after adding soil to the bags. When I see the first flying gnat I water with moskito bits and hang up a handful of yellow traps, the next day I dust the surface with DE. 7 days later another watering with moskito bits again followed by the DE. Three treatments and they should be gone. A bad case may require nematodes as well.

I would like to add the bTi with the first heavy watering but I don't know how it would react to the first watering as it is more of a "tea" and not straight water.

looking nice Cannaficianado!
Thanks, i coulda let em go longer but everything I took down is like 95% cloudy trichs so I figured what the hell. Practice drying a bit like @Hog MaGundy said earlier and like mossy said Im basically out so slightly premature is better than none :funny:

The one aspect of woodworking that isn't fun for me! LOL
Same here!
Try taking a cast aluminum part to a chrome-like finish. I do love doing it, I DO hate the initial process.
I got pretty damn good at it. I have quite a few parts on trailered show cars. Most are just regular street cars.
NASTY work!
It is cool as hell to take a rough part and bring it to absolute perfection. Most people would think my street polish is a showcar finish. Far from it! The level of work to take it from street to show is almost as much bringing the part to street.
It does make it easy to please most people. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back