Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Mossy! :pass::bighug:
I'm so sore right now, spent the weekend working on the grow room and prepping the floor for my yoga room. Yikes. View attachment 1556289

We never worried too much about temps, mainly tried to get four or five days in the boxes and jarred as close to 65% as we could, then burped until we hit 62%.
Everyone has their own tried and true way.
I just wanna be sure I don't mold. Its ok if my first harvest tastes like hay, as long as I get hi lol

I prefer to hang the whole plant for 3-4 days after a course wet trim, the house is at 33%rh so I keep a close eye on them, the leaves will dry quickly,,, and then into paper bags with humidometers and then put into plastic bags,,, and at 64% I put them.into grove bags.

I prefer to hang the whole plant for 3-4 days after a course wet trim, the house is at 33%rh so I keep a close eye on them, the leaves will dry quickly,,, and then into paper bags with humidometers and then put into plastic bags,,, and at 64% I put them.into grove bags.
I definitely need to try the Grove bags. Are they a replacement for jars or just a step before jars?

I definitely need to try the Grove bags. Are they a replacement for jars or just a step before jars?
They are suppose to replace jars completely and good for long term storage if stored right. I guess the plastic is patented and is suppose to keep everything on the inside at a stable humidity regardless of burping. They come in 58% and 62% if I remember right

Thanks for the reps @Zer0 :pass: :d5: This new hlg light has jacked up the frost levels through the roof. It’s the only change I’ve made to the grow, and the difference is unreal. Really making me realize just how important having a quality light is.

I have seen that with my HLG DIABLO 650R. I didn't introduce the UV in this run, but I did do something to test an increase in Trichomes and/or potency. I started introducing a fermented insect frass. This supposedly causes the plant to think it's under attack and trichomes are supposed to be the result. This has been a pretty damn frosty grow. The hash has been killer and the flower so far has been the most potent so far and that's against cured flower from past grows.
Whether that is because of the light, frass or just getting the Earthboxes going in a better fashion, I don't know. I do know that I'll keep what I feel was cost-effective in this run and do the same in the next with a couple of additions......proper introduction of the UV for sure.
The Yah-Whey, I got from BAS, was a ferment that while it was good, it's just not cost-effective. If it could be 'expanded' like EM1, I could change that opinion. if I found that it could be effectively expanded.

Thanks. Im trying but according to man o green I might have some kind of large worm problem on one of my photos, and I gotta agree. The branch i chopped yesterday figuring was afflicted with some kind of spreadable issue is now happening to a branch that was right next to it so I think I have a cutworm coming out and sucking a branch dry every night
Wow this was suppose to go to my help thread.........wth happened here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back