Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sauce for the Goose is sauce for the gander @Bill.de.Cat .... :headbang:
1673831614943.gif

1673831664550.gif

Lights off forever for my cage plant (cherry atomic sledgehammer)

Tomorrow i chop her :vibe:

Some flash pics

20230115_185955.jpg
20230115_190020.jpg
20230115_190044.jpg
20230115_190050.jpg
20230115_190057.jpg
20230115_190135.jpg

400F will sterilize the soil killing all beneficial microbes and everything else. 160F will pasturize the soil, kill the bugs and any seeds and keep the microbes alive. This is the goal temperature in a compost pile.

Yes composting is often referred to as cooking the soil.
How long should you keep the soil at 160*f?

I'm just basing that on the floraflex feeding schedule as maybe an idea :shrug: Just a theory. They basically say multiple short fertigations spaced out after lights on until runoff and then just short bursts. Something like your lights come on at noon and get 3 short ferts 20 mins apart until desired runoff and then other shots on schedule the rest of the time
Ok lets get more complicated here. The reason for a 2 hour morning waiting period before the first irrigation is so the special nutrients that the plant has asked the microbes to make overnight have time to be absorbed by the root system before they are washed away. At night the roots exude chemicals that stimulate the Microbiome to produce elements the plant wants. Yes there is a very active biome even in DWC.

Fertigating as you suggest would waste some of that plant/biome effort.

The method I am using was worked out with the instruction of the GroDan company and is called precision fertigation. I work with a field service rep I met at a cannabis convention. They no longer offer the information free.

I use coco and I've never got them from brick coco. I have got em from bags of ready to use coco though. I think if you don't see them in the 1st couple weeks then they're probably coming from the environment. I do have them pop up a couple times a year. I think I bring them into the tent on my clothes from the wife's houseplants since she's always bringing new plants in and there's always gnats around her stuff, or the plants in the yard when it's warm enough outside
Makes perfect sense in your case

Ok lets get more complicated here. The reason for a 2 hour morning waiting period before the first irrigation is so the special nutrients that the plant has asked the microbes to make overnight have time to be absorbed by the root system before they are washed away. At night the roots exude chemicals that stimulate the Microbiome to produce elements the plant wants. Yes there is a very active biome even in DWC.

Fertigating as you suggest would waste some of that plant/biome effort.

The method I am using was worked out with the instruction of the GroDan company and is called precision fertigation. I work with a field service rep I met at a cannabis convention. They no longer offer the information free.

OH man I had always set my fertigation times off stuff you have said and never knew why:doh:... But recent had been reading on cocoforcannabis and he suggest to fertigate at lights on so I changed everything to that... I will be switching times back to staring 2hrs after and finish 2 hrs light outs before for the next grow I promise you that :thumbsup::toke::bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back