Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you guys 'cook' your media, the ones that use 'soil', for a period? I do that to fresh media especially. It comes from people saying they got it from new stuff.
I 'cook' my used media to just mainly get the roots eaten up by the microbes. I'll usually re-amend at the same time.
I use coco and I've never got them from brick coco. I have got em from bags of ready to use coco though. I think if you don't see them in the 1st couple weeks then they're probably coming from the environment. I do have them pop up a couple times a year. I think I bring them into the tent on my clothes from the wife's houseplants since she's always bringing new plants in and there's always gnats around her stuff, or the plants in the yard when it's warm enough outside

20230115_182427.jpg

First fresh frozen hash rosin! Blackstrap + Voodoo bubble, 25u inside 160u 180° 180 seconds including 45 second warmup. 2.3 grams in, 1.4 out!

Thanks for the reps @Zer0 :pass: :d5: This new hlg light has jacked up the frost levels through the roof. It’s the only change I’ve made to the grow, and the difference is unreal. Really making me realize just how important having a quality light is.

In coco I've been watering 'til the runoff is 10-20% of the water used, not of the pot size. So if I feed 1/2 gallon of liquid into a 3-gallon pot, I need 6-12 oz of runoff (128 oz * 10% = 12.8 oz, or a beer-can full). I collect the runoff so I can see how much there is, and increase or decrease the next feed as needed. [DISCLAIMER: I'm still a noob]
Yes that is a correct method for coco to determine run-off %.

In a normal 18/6 day the goal is to achieve 20% TOTAL run-off from all fertigation by the end of the fertigation period. Not each time the pump turns on. I use 8 - 3 to 7 minute run times to achieve the 20% goal every day.

I have 6 Hugo rock wool cubes that hold ~1 gallon of nutrients so 6 gallons. If I fertigate them to 20% run-off in each Lights on cycle that is .2x6=1.2 gallons I will have 2 lights on cycles in each 24 hour day. Each light cycle will have 1.2 gallons of run-off 1.2+1.2 = 2.4 gallons or 6 divided by 2.4 = .40 or 40% in one 24 hour period. I don't want to have that much waste every day. My yard can only use so much.

View attachment 1556159
Why not just run until runoff at 1st fertigation after each lights on period? Or last fert before lights off? And use the rest of the fertigations as essentially topping off

Do any of you guys 'cook' your media, the ones that use 'soil', for a period? I do that to fresh media especially. It comes from people saying they got it from new stuff.
I 'cook' my used media to just mainly get the roots eaten up by the microbes. I'll usually re-amend at the same time.
I did this before starting this last round, noticed a couple critters in the grow before so 30 min. at 400f for the whole lot......At 4 pans per load took about 1/2 day but it was sterile.
Edit: so far this run haven't caught any in the stickies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back