Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to learn how to dry using that net dryer included with my trimmer.

i normally hang the plant upside down until i feels its about 65% or so and then trim the buds off the plant.

Is the net a faster dry and will i lose a lot of trichs?
I dried mine for 5 days in a basement that is about 50 deg f then grove… checked grove next day and put buds in dryer for another 30 hrs. Did the mostly dry trim after the 5 days.

I’d give her the chop. Honestly, the giants never finish as perfectly as their smaller counterparts for some reason. Almost like if they have the genes to go crazy and get that big, they want to keep going and will throw pistils, and foxtails regardless of the ripeness of her trichomes. Eventually bud rot will become a real concern… enjoy your time in trim jail :haha: :pass:
I think I spurred Knows Candy into Foxtailing. I think adding additional aminos to my applications of BuildABloom did it. BuildABloom already has aminos in it. I added some Blue Gold Flower also and it has a fair amount of N. I think it was just too much N.
Knows Candy is a heavy feeder. She's a big girl. She's in an Earthbox Jr. Those two things in 3 gal of media means lots of top dress. She was at the max of adding dry materials. She was raging and drinking the rez, a gallon, in well less than a day. I sprayed the half strength mix on top of my nute bank for about 5 days, until saw a good response.
It's not super bad yet. The foxtailing makes it a bit of a mixed bag for ripeness. When I checked a few days ago, I found plenty of amber on early ripening areas,but I couldn't find any on bud. Lots of cloudy, but the foxtailing has mostly clear, still frosty too. I'm checing her here in a bit. If I see amber in actual bud, I'm taking her. The trim won't be that bad........not near as bad it would be in another week. She's too big to dry whole the way I want to dry her, so it's paper bags. Although, I do have a pretty large 'plant transport' box I found at Lowes that they gave me. Just haven't wanted to give up the space in the walk in.
I just hope that's not gonna make it a racy smoke.
I just don't want the things you pointed out.

Pot roast in the oven for the long nap :woohoo:
9C3E942F-DC45-4B4F-9B61-955BBDE3EE13.jpeg
B68A8911-8DE8-4296-A0E0-D6AE228B04C9.jpeg

My biggest issue is after getting burnt not 1x but 2x I'm all done with freaking jars and burping it 3x to 5x a day and still losing (12 plants worth) everything to mold

They go in paper bags after and I for shit sure over dry it but you know what....

I haven't lost a single batch since and I could give a shit if it's too dry compared to throwing away my weed cause it got moldy that just makes me wanna

View attachment 1556101

I know I've got an attitude problem but I grow for me and my wife. I give some away to friends maybe keep my bike mechanic happy. So long as I'm smiling it's all good hahaha

I slightly over dry in paper bags then into grove bags with a boveda or 2 and hygrometer. They eventually raise to around 60% and hold.

I slightly over dry in paper bags then into grove bags with a boveda or 2 and hygrometer. They eventually raise to around 60% and hold.
That's a great idea I think next run I'm trying this ! Maybe get a start weight on the weed and when it hits say 25- 30% of the original weight jar it like your saying!!??!!

Swapped out the four 3000k strips in my light setup for the two Chroma's and two cSpec enhanced strips. The Chroma strips required an additional power supply, so hopefully at "lights on" nothing blows the fudge up after wiring it into the system while stoned!!!
The strips come out with one screw at each end and a single rca plug.
IMG_20230115_142324.jpg

I think I spurred Knows Candy into Foxtailing. I think adding additional aminos to my applications of BuildABloom did it. BuildABloom already has aminos in it. I added some Blue Gold Flower also and it has a fair amount of N. I think it was just too much N.
Knows Candy is a heavy feeder. She's a big girl. She's in an Earthbox Jr. Those two things in 3 gal of media means lots of top dress. She was at the max of adding dry materials. She was raging and drinking the rez, a gallon, in well less than a day. I sprayed the half strength mix on top of my nute bank for about 5 days, until saw a good response.
It's not super bad yet. The foxtailing makes it a bit of a mixed bag for ripeness. When I checked a few days ago, I found plenty of amber on early ripening areas,but I couldn't find any on bud. Lots of cloudy, but the foxtailing has mostly clear, still frosty too. I'm checing her here in a bit. If I see amber in actual bud, I'm taking her. The trim won't be that bad........not near as bad it would be in another week. She's too big to dry whole the way I want to dry her, so it's paper bags. Although, I do have a pretty large 'plant transport' box I found at Lowes that they gave me. Just haven't wanted to give up the space in the walk in.
I just hope that's not gonna make it a racy smoke.
I just don't want the things you pointed out.
Ignore the trichomes on the foxtails, judge harvest time on the older trichomes. You’ll be chasing your (fox)tail if you try to wait for the newest trichomes to mature. Plus your trim time will increase. :pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back