Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been pondering my experimental 8/4 8/4 schedule. The fertigation schedule will definitely require some hands on effort. I will have 4 watering times available to each daytime schedule and normally I fertigate to 10%-20% run-off by the end of the day using 8 watering times. I don't want to run up to 40% in 24 hours down the drain. I think I will shoot for 10% with each light period. Once I get the logistics down the timers will do the work :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Man! Not sure if you've heard of the company or seen any of the podcasts from a company called Aroya, but you should check them out. They have a bunch on youtube. They are pushing the limits of hydro with amazing results. Quantity and quality. Controlling fertigation amounts and drybacks to stimulate vegetative or generative growth with crazy EC numbers on top of it. Pretty much all photos, but will be interesting to see how it would apply to autos. Have been listening to the podcasts while in trim jail

Holy Moly that is the worst tap water I have ever seen. I would recomend that you put a salt type water softener in front of your RO filters. It will help with the life of your RO membranes. The salt ions that replace the Ca and other metals with large salt ions that are easily filtered out by the RO membrane.

I guess I over exaggerated and hadn't check my starting ppm in awhile just assumed it was over 10 it was 7-9ppm last time i checked and it still is :cooldance::yay:but I am changing everything BUT the main membrane it's almost been a year on everything all new 4/11/22

RO ppm and EC

View attachment 1555937
View attachment 1555938

Tap water ppm / EC :yoinks::wall:

View attachment 1555939View attachment 1555940

you can see the DI resin is pooped and sediment filter has seen better days too it should be white and the Di resin should be dark brown :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

View attachment 1555941

I've been doin the 50 ppm cal mag as well in cooc hand watering. Not sure if its the coco or the lights, but all my plants suck up the mag. Once the ladies really start drinking (a little after the 30 day point, I've been running an xtra gallon of plain ph'd water with SLF through each pot once a week to do a kid of mini flush and then let it dry back pretty good. Sure that's the not the proper way to do things, but it seems to work for me. I also use monosilicic acid which helps with drought tolerance( supposedly) for the dryback.

Hey Man! Not sure if you've heard of the company or seen any of the podcasts from a company called Aroya, but you should check them out. They have a bunch on youtube. They are pushing the limits of hydro with amazing results. Quantity and quality. Controlling fertigation amounts and drybacks to stimulate vegetative or generative growth with crazy EC numbers on top of it. Pretty much all photos, but will be interesting to see how it would apply to autos. Have been listening to the podcasts while in trim jail
Oh yes Photoperiod plants are so different than our Autos. I have fed Photos as high as 2200PPM without issues. Autos just get burned to a crisp with numbers like that.

Oh yes Photoperiod plants are so different than our Autos. I have fed Photos as high as 2200PPM without issues. Autos just get burned to a crisp with numbers like that.

Last year I pushed the autos to around 3 EC before I knew better. They got a little wacky, but handled it pretty good as long as I flushed them once a week

Good night monkeys! Hopefully I don't wake up like this!

Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 12.35.57 AM.png

Last year I pushed the autos to around 3 EC before I knew better. They got a little wacky, but handled it pretty good as long as I flushed them once a week
I don't flush in rock wool because I feed to 10%-20% run off every day. Flushing brings it's own set of problems. Most peeps don't know that even in hydro you have a live biome that is doing good stuff for the plant. Flushing washes a lot of that away. This is why you will see me tell peeps Flushing is a last ditch effort to save a plant on it's last legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back