Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've definitely had the police kick my front door in
because they "got a 911 call and hangup" while everybody in my house was asleep at 3am
Also, I suspect their action might have been illegal if they didn't at least knock first to check for mixups before doing damage, but that might depend on the content of the 911 call. From their point of view, the 911 call might have been a call for help from someone being threatened by someone else in the house. I don't know how a court would look at that.

If you have local enemies, I suspect they knew what they were doing and did a crank call deliberately to cause what happened. The police may have just been doing what they thought necessary to protect someone. :pighug:

Definitely! I’ve never had better chicken than what comes outta that thing! :d5::pass:
Don't think I have ever seen one of those. The best chicken I have had was from a bbq with a rottiserie and side burner. I almost bought one of those bbq's as a result, but not yet. Couldn't get the vise grips off my pennies, yet. :pighug:

Also, I suspect their action might have been illegal if they didn't at least knock first to check for mixups before doing damage, but that might depend on the content of the 911 call. From their point of view, the 911 call might have been a call for help from someone being threatened by someone else in the house. I don't know how a court would look at that.

If you have local enemies, I suspect they knew what they were doing and did a crank call deliberately to cause what happened. The police may have just been doing what they thought necessary to protect someone. :pighug:
Clearly illegal. Everything about that illegal. But the cops know who can and will hire a lawyer. We even had to replace the doorframes ourselves

Don't think I have ever seen one of those. The best chicken I have had was from a bbq with a rottiserie and side burner. I almost bought one of those bbq's as a result, but not yet. Couldn't get the vise grips off my pennies, yet. :pighug:
These work phenomenally well for how simple they are. Easy to use, and it produces great food. It’s not a traditional smoker, exactly. I kind of refer to it as “smoke roasting”. A bit hotter than a regular smoker, and direct heat….but some distance from the heat source. I’ve cooked about every cut of meat on this thing and it does everything pretty well…although it shines at chicken and ribs. And pastrami…. I made a pastrami on that thing that would knock your socks off.

I've got the same one. Highly recommend

In Canada, as I understand it, the only excuse for entering with neither permission or a warrant is when reasonable grounds exist to believe that someone's life would otherwise be in danger (mere potential bodily harm might suffice, I am not sure). The key is that the police (or other persons) have to have reasonable grounds to believe that the circumstance is a genuine emergency, and they will have to defend that decision in court if the homeowner takes the matter there.

As a general principle, no one gets to enter someone's home if they are not invited. A warrant or a genuine emergency are the only exceptions here, and I expect in most democracies. :pighug:
If you know the laws you can even keep them from coming and knocking on your door, but you need a full fence and a chained gate....signs help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back