Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello good AFN peeps, had some new friends just pop up that I wanted to share with you. 5 for 5 on the diff seed germination rate, so Thank You again for that golden tip regarding rapid rooter plugs Jordan Harker. Allegedly there is a chemdawg, candydawg, king krong, amnesia zkittles, and guerilla zkittles in that pic. Please remember and take note folks that this is merely exotic bird, intended for novelty use only. that in no way were these seeds pre soaked in a h2o/h2o2 solution for 14-16 hrs prior to being placed in a rapid rooter plug, so I have no idea how this happened really. Allegedly, all these ladies are less than 12 hours old. Nice uniformity in the germination timing.
seed....bird seed damit. I had such high hopes of that being funny lol

ME: I don't answer questions!
Then shut the door.
That's if I'm in a good mood.
You don't have to help them with their investigation.
That's why I live in the country. A popo better have a warrant in hand if he wants to set foot on my property.
In Canada, as I understand it, the only excuse for entering with neither permission or a warrant is when reasonable grounds exist to believe that someone's life would otherwise be in danger (mere potential bodily harm might suffice, I am not sure). The key is that the police (or other persons) have to have reasonable grounds to believe that the circumstance is a genuine emergency, and they will have to defend that decision in court if the homeowner takes the matter there.

As a general principle, no one gets to enter someone's home if they are not invited. A warrant or a genuine emergency are the only exceptions here, and I expect in most democracies. :pighug:

In Canada, as I understand it, the only excuse for entering with neither permission or a warrant is when reasonable grounds exist to believe that someone's life would otherwise be in danger (mere potential bodily harm might suffice, I am not sure). The key is that the police (or other persons) have to have reasonable grounds to believe that the circumstance is a genuine emergency, and they will have to defend that decision in court if the homeowner takes the matter there.

As a general principle, no one gets to enter someone's home if they are not invited. A warrant or a genuine emergency are the only exceptions here, and I expect in most democracies. :pighug:
I've definitely had the police kick my front door in
because they "got a 911 call and hangup" while everybody in my house was asleep at 3am

On the south shore of Newfoundland, in Rose Blanche, I think it was 1969, boys were catching seagulls with casting rods and hooks baited with raw bacon. Apparently it's too windy to grow chickens there.
I used to sail on the BC coast, and fish. One time, my easily bored compatriot tied a filleted rock cod carcass to his fishing line (no hook) when we were back at anchor. There was almost always a bald eagle watching us anchor, the bird had received carcasses from us many times before. Usually, a carcass was offered in order to capture shots when the eagle picked the carcass out of the water. This was not the plan this time. :biggrin:

Once we were settled, my partner cast the carcass into the water, and as usual, the eagle was in the air heading our way seconds later. The eagle grabbed the carcass on the wing, the fishing reel screamed briefly (hmmm, what a surprise, eagles fly faster than fish swim, who woulda figured). About three nanoseconds after the reel started screaming, the pressure on the fishing rod exceeded my friend's grip, and the last thing we saw of the rod and reel was when it sank after skipping across the surface until the eagle landed on the shore with the prize.

When the eagle finished it meal, we found the fishing line on the shore, and retrieved the rod and reel. I might have stopped laughing by then. The look on my partner's face when the eagle yanked the rod out of his hands was precious. :biggrin:

I've definitely had the police kick my front door in
because they "got a 911 call and hangup" while everybody in my house was asleep at 3am
Well, that might have been an emergency, but they would need phone records to defend the decision, and if they could not produce them, anything they found would be inadmissible, and anything they did to the property or occupants would be illegal. IMO.

R. I. P. Jeff Beck. Thanks for all that great music.
4DF812FA-A4BD-40D9-ADE7-5C13595787C8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back